Pete Alonso
-
May I ask SDS, What is your bias against Pete Alonso? He led the league with HRs and RBIs and you have him a Gold? Judge is still a high diamond while he sat on the IL most of the year. It makes zero sense. He plays EVERY single game every single year and he hit his 300th HR this year. Granted you gave him some specialty cards but guaranteed it wasn't cause you wanted to. There is zero justification for him being a Gold!
-
I don't know.
Maybe David Stearns works at SDS. -
Its weird, because Pete is always a diamond by this time of the year and this was probably his best year since his rookie year.
-
I am not saying if these are justified or not, but
- He lost 15 points this year on his POW vs L
- He lost some contact vs R (-4)
- He lost 9 points on Vision
- He lost 22 points on Clutch (his BA with RISP was 50 points lower than last year)
I have no idea what SDS is doing sometimes in their attributes. I understand that there will always be issues and arguments regardless of the method they use but I am not completely sold on the current method.
-
It makes no sense, unless I am looking at outdated data Matt Olson has better vision and clutch than Alonso when he absolutely should not. Pete should be a better offensive card than Matt, and he isnt. And it isnt just because of the splits.
-
It makes no sense, unless I am looking at outdated data Matt Olson has better vision and clutch than Alonso when he absolutely should not. Pete should be a better offensive card than Matt, and he isnt. And it isnt just because of the splits.
You got me curious.
First clutch:
They both started at 87. Alonso ended at 65 and Olson at 71. The difference in in their updates.
Olson had a total of 28 points deducted from clutch total in 4 updates over the year which would have put him at 59. But to counter that he had two good stretches that gave him +10 and +2 in the other 2 updates. That left him at 71
Alonso only lost 22 points in 3 updates to bring him down to 65 but he had no upgrades to counter those.
I don't know how to look up Olson's BA with RISP for the period between the All-Star break and Mid-August which is when he got his big +10 bump.
Next Vision:
Alonso started at 64 and Olson at 56
Olson received updates of +1, +1, -4, +3 for a net change of +1
Alonso received updates of -3, +1, -6, -9 for a net change of -9I won't pretend to fully understand what exactly makes up vision so I won't dive into the numbers.
So if you are looking at the stats at the end of the year and basing it on those stats alone to make that determination then I would agree that Alonso should have better Attributes in those two categories.
Based on my program that projects ratings If you just raised Alonso's Vs L attributes to match Olson's then Alonso would also be an 85.
If you raised Alonso's Vision and Clutch (and only those) to match Olson then Alonso would be an 83. So the Vs L attributes do make the biggest difference.
-
Whats comical is that SDS gave Mookie Betts the diamond this roster update. The guy is washed up and playing on the best team. He doesn't come close to Pete Alonso. Makes me sick! Pete deserves to be a diamond.