Players who SDS has forgotten
-
Too bad he wasn’t a switch hitter. He would’ve probably had 3 cards by now. Lol
-
This is a good thread and I'd be interested in seeing everyones pick for neglected players...but Marte did pretty much nothing this year. He'd have to be given some kind of "retro achievement recognition" card, but his name value is pretty low for that.
-
99 Ty Cobb
99 Rogers Hornsby
99 Bob Feller
99 Walter Johnson
99 Tom Seaver
I miss all these guys in the game. I know Feller and Seaver have 88-90’s but who uses those? -
@Texas10pt_MLBTS Seaver is a guy that played late with the Red Sox. That is perfect for a Last Ride card. 300th win Milestone card with the White Sox. You can have a no-hitter card with the Reds and the finest type with the Mets. They will end up giving him the captain card day one and then a 99 late and forget about him in between. I don't know why they pay for legends just to forget about them all year. The planning this year is puzzling.
-
I'll throw Dale Murphy into this hat. But, he's also been forgotten by the Hall of Fame and too much of MLB in addition to SDS in this game. Man only led the entire league in bases, homers, and RBI for the decade of the 80's!
Throw in back-to-back MVP's, several gold gloves, and all-star starts, and in my view the man should have been in the BBHOF years ago.
-
99 Ty Cobb
99 Rogers Hornsby
99 Bob Feller
99 Walter Johnson
99 Tom Seaver
I miss all these guys in the game. I know Feller and Seaver have 88-90’s but who uses those?I just used Seaver to help with the Lindor Mets PXP mission.
-
This might just be a licensing, "hey can we use your likeness in our game" issue, but I really miss Chad Bradford. His submarine delivery made him so fun to pitch with.
-
@PriorFir4383355_XBL Dale Murphy's HOF snub is CRIMINAL!
-
I used to love pitching with Dan Quisenberry ... KC could use more love ... bring him back
-
I personally find abandoning our early staring pitching legends to be inexcusable. Walter Johnson? Christy Mathewson? Lefty Grove? Bob Feller is stuck at 88? Where’s more early legends? That’s my two cents. But I pay significantly more to this franchise that keeps getting harder to justify.
-
I WISH we could have gotten a 64 OVR Bob Uecker after his passing last year. SDS really missed the boat with not seeing if they could add his likeness
-
I'll throw Dale Murphy into this hat. But, he's also been forgotten by the Hall of Fame and too much of MLB in addition to SDS in this game. Man only led the entire league in bases, homers, and RBI for the decade of the 80's!
I love Joe Mauer, but if he's in the hall, certainly Dale should be.
-
David Justice has only had 1 card this year, a 90 OVR ROY card back in April I think. He needs a 99, he has a great swing and hopefully he gets something for the Postseason Flashbacks, given how big he was in October.
-
I can't do an easy lookup of Current Players but here is the Legends that don't have a 99. Many of them only have a single card. Just a few of them:
Randy Johnson
Willie Stargell
Joe Morgan
Jeff Baggwell
Goose Gossage
Jim Edmonds
Lou BrockThe list goes on.

-
@dolenz_psn any idea why your list includes 98 overall Nimmala? He is not a legend as he has not retired.
-
@dolenz_psn any idea why your list includes 98 overall Nimmala? He is not a legend as he has not retired.
Interesting one.
I had to come up with the criteria for the program to identify Legends automatically (I ain't doing it manually). In the end it is looking for players that do not have a live series card and are not part of the different series for minor leaguers (Pipeline, Draft, Spring Breakout, etc). I probably also had to make a special case to not get WBC players.
Nimmala's only card is a New Threads Card so he fit the criteria. I certainly did not realize that SDS gave New Threads cards to a player who had not advanced past AA yet. I guess I could also add age as a way to exclude them.
-
Few years back there was a Roberto Alomar card that I raked with.
-
Few years back there was a Roberto Alomar card that I raked with.
MLB put him on the ineligible list, and the Blue Jays cut all ties with him due to sexual misconduct investigation. He wasn't "forgotten" he was taken out for a reason.
He won't be back.
-
@Dolenz_PSN oh I didn't realize he did some bs
-
Gimme a Richie Ashburn, please.