How is the Community Market feeling (8)
-
@Oliver230230230_PSN -- Great! Thanks for letting me know.
-
@SDS_JoeK_PSN actually, I may have spoke a little too soon. I haven’t paid much attention the last day but wanted to reply that your prompt attention to the matter is appreciated and meaningful. Without getting into it (look at cards won in diamond quest, for starters), A little more tweaking might be helpful. Specifically tightening source/origin based filters. You guys are definitely making a huge difference. I’d even go as far as saying that currently what I’m seeing is tolerable. But thought I’d mention in case you guys are really trying to annihilate all unwanted connections. Thanks
-
@SDS_JoeK @Manu__SDS @ manus favorite people at SDS
I know it’s the weekend and maybe the people running the bots are taking advantage of that… i haven’t seen the level of aggression the bots are displaying today for a couple weeks. Price fixing, undercutting, hoarding. Many items being used for stub transfers right now. You guys have the tools to deal with this… use them. -
@Oliver230230230_PSN @manu__sds_mlbts
Yes, bots are in full force on Mike Trout All-Star card right now for instance. -
Can’t totally confirm it’s bots, since I’ve really only been flipping September Topps Now packs since they are very fast movers. But I do see a lot of bids now being undercut in groups of 3. Not sure if bots have moved away from the 2 bid pattern they’ve done most of the year. And I completely understand this could be legitimate users, just seems to be the first weekend of seeing bids in this pattern all year. Just an observation at this point, unless others are also noticing this pattern of seeing 3.
-
@ArcPrime126_XBL it’s the same pattern I’ve noticed. Groups of 3 and 4 undercutting my bids instantly. When I delete my bid those undercut bids also instantly disappear, so that shows me they are indeed bots.
-
@SiberiaTigerCub_PSN Good to know. I just wasn’t 100% sure since I usually bulk order then check back after an hour or so. Sucks that bots are so aggressive again.
-
@SDS_JoeK @Manu__SDS @ manus favorite people at SDS this is ridiculous… whenever you guys get around to looking at your internal numbers you’ll probably notice there’s 8x more market activity then just a few days ago. I think we’re at that place again where it’s pointless to use the marketplace until you guys do something.
-
I would have to agrre with you. Today was rough. Last couple days were good. I was in the Moonshot all weekend. Margins were all but evaporated and patience was definitely a virtue today to wait out the constant outbidding. I did okay today. But not as good as Thursday, Friday or even yesterday but yesterday statred to get rough in the early evening hours.
-
@Oliver230230230_PSN I can confirm almost all listings in the marketplace have bots again. Rampant bot activity, back to the levels seen in the early season. Looks like marketplace is unusable once again. If it was me, I would require a 2-factor authentication every 6 hours to users using the companion app. Sure it would be a bit of a hassle, but very much worth it to restore the market to fair selling.
-
Hey everyone, greatly appreciate the updates here. We'll look into everything as soon as possible. Thanks!