2nd Inning Guesses?

SDS

Any ideas for not only who could be in the second inning, but what program they could be? (Prime, Signature, All Star)

SDS

1 pitcher, 1 infielder, 1 outfielder.

SDS

At least one current Player

SDS

Eric Davis, Josh Beckett, Chase Utley

SDS

Outfielder (Jermaine Dye)
Pitcher (Denny Neagle)
Shortstop (Edgar Renteria)

From what I've seen (it may be a coincidence) but they seem to be using a lot of the cards from the 2003 topps collection so far. I could be way off on this but that might not be a bad place to start for guesses. Just a thought.

SDS

Greinke, aparicio, hardware Mookie

SDS

I'll say some kind of Musial, Ripken and Seaver

SDS

BJ Upton, Robinson Cano, and Cole Hamels

SDS

I'm going to do two separate groups of guesses...

Group A (Conservative 92-94 OVR)

• Joe Carter - 92 OVR (Post-Season/1993)
  • Dustin Pedroia - 93 OVR (Hardware/2008)
  • Johnny Cueto - 94 OVR (Signature Series)

Summary: This one is probably more realistic at this point in The Show 20's life-cycle. You would have your choice between a clutch, power-hitting corner outfielder in Joe Carter; an all-around toolsy second baseman in Pedroia who could be hit from a number of spots in your lineup; and a potentially 'elite' early-game right-handed starter with a nice selection of pitches in Johnny Cueto. In this scenario, I would almost certainly go with Johnny Cueto mainly because he's a personal favorite of mine.

Group B (Aggressive 93-96 OVR)

• Craig Kimbrel - 96 OVR (Hardware/2011)
  • Andre Dawson - 95 OVR (Hardware/1987)
  • Jorge Posada - 93 OVR (Impact Veteran/2007)

Summary: I think this would almost be like a "best case scenario," as choosing one of these three would be painstakingly hard, in my opinion. You got your choice of a dominant, albeit pitch-selection limited reliever; a five-tool outfielder you can legitimately play in right or center field; and a switch-hitting catcher with excellent contact, good power, solid defense, but lacking speed. I would honestly have a hard time picking between this one... I think I'd lean towards Dawson for me though, personally.

SDS

Joe Carter is officially one of the three