Hitting with your CAP

SDS

I decided at first not to make one this year; it seems no matter how I make him, equipments, stance, they hit with wet noodles. My CAP C last year boosted to max never outplayed my 95 Bench or late series diamond Grandal (don’t remember the collection, was after the year, those black cards). Tried making him exclusively R or L, tried picking a stance from a known switch hitter, power hitters, small strike zone, players I hit well with, nada. Anyone else?

I’m trying again this year, as of now only 82 gold as I don’t have enough innings with him, but still does not hit like LS gold players had success with.

SDS

Mine does really well.

SDS

He's been the best player on my team since he went diamond like 55 games ago. SS Balanced with maxed equipment. Lindors swing.

SDS

You gotta have the right swing. I use lindors swing too, I’ve always hit wel with him and I’m doing great with my diamond cap catcher

SDS

My switching hitting catcher with Mondesi swing is a beast. Lindors swing worked for me last year

SDS

So far my gold Cap has outhit my diamond cap. Small sample size and I’m higher in the rankings. So that will explain it.

SDS

My 2b balanced with max equipment has been a monster after I switched to chipper 08 stance

SDS

@mission-8 said in Hitting with your CAP:

My 2b balanced with max equipment has been a monster after I switched to chipper 08 stance

Diamond equipment? Is that worth the price over gold equipment? Sounds expensive

SDS

Fielding SS with Griffey swing I love him, 98 spd 94 stl switch hitting lead off guy. Absolutely raking. He’ll need the best equipment to stay relevant in a few months but for now he’s great. Never did one last year and now I’m wondering why.

SDS

My cap crushes balls. Even on legend. He’s my best hitter. It’s more about the swing you choose than the equipment imo. As long as he has 90+ power and decent vision he’ll murder balls.

SDS

@boduke82 said in Hitting with your CAP:

@mission-8 said in Hitting with your CAP:

Diamond equipment? Is that worth the price over gold equipment? Sounds expensive

It was pretty expensive. Roughly 140k. Definitely worth it imo. Between 110-115 contact, 105ish power , 92 vision, high fielding and 85 speed