Defeat CPU on All Star Difficulty

SDS

Just wondering if anyone can help me figure out how to complete the mission “Defeat the Yankees on All Star difficulty” for Granderson? What mode do I have to defeat them in? Thanks.
(Similar mission for Kerry Wood and Mets)

SDS

go to extended play on the play tab. Play vs CPU

SDS

I can barely beat the CPU on Rookie right now, looks like I wont be finishing these missions.

SDS

@Duffman180 said in Defeat CPU on All Star Difficulty:

I can barely beat the CPU on Rookie right now, looks like I wont be finishing these missions.

There is also an online mission and an exhange (or maybe collection) that you can do instead of the CPU game. There are 3 options and you only need to complete one of the three, assuming you finished the moments

SDS

You need to be super, super patient hitting. And maybe turn on guess pitch.

SDS

@Dolenz said in Defeat CPU on All Star Difficulty:

There is also an online mission and an exhange (or maybe collection) that you can do instead of the CPU game. There are 3 options and you only need to complete one of the three, assuming you finished the moments

I'm an offline only DD player so that's out of the question.

SDS

@foge011 said in Defeat CPU on All Star Difficulty:

go to extended play on the play tab. Play vs CPU

SDS

I am the same. I actually just beat the cubs 4-3. It was a nail biter but thank goodness I had Eckersly to come in and shut them down for the last few innings.

SDS

I am the same. I actually just beat the cubs 4-3. It was a nail biter but thank goodness I had Eckersly to come in and shut them down for the last few innings.

Nice, good job.

I was also in a nail biter, except that I was on the unfortunate end. I lost because the CPU pitcher hit a triple, followed by a bloop single in the 9th inning. Lol, oh well.

SDS

And then there's the bug that when you do beat the cubs on all-star you still don't get the wood card...I beat them twice and received post game reward card and xp but no wood card...I filed a bug report but don't expect anything to come of it

SDS

@ScaryESP said in Defeat CPU on All Star Difficulty:

And then there's the bug that when you do beat the cubs on all-star you still don't get the wood card...I beat them twice and received post game reward card and xp but no wood card...I filed a bug report but don't expect anything to come of it

Probably a dumb question, but did you finish all the moments to get the remaining 42/50 points to unlock the card? Beating the Cubs on All Star only gives you 8/50 points needed.

SDS

Yeah I'm at.47 points out of the 50 needed before the all star game

SDS

Yeah I'm at.47 points out of the 50 needed before the all star game

That sucks. Hopefully they'll address the issue quickly.

SDS

Did you play them in Vs CPU mode? It doesn’t work in conquest

SDS

The exchange gets you 5. Moments+ exchange doesnt get you the 50 needed. You have to either play online, or complete the CPU all star game.

SDS

@onnagood1 said in Defeat CPU on All Star Difficulty:

Nice, good job.

I was also in a nail biter, except that I was on the unfortunate end. I lost because the CPU pitcher hit a triple, followed by a bloop single in the 9th inning. Lol, oh well.

Why would the CPU have a pitcher hitting in the 9th? Not buying it.

SDS

Not trying to be this guy, but if you can’t beat the cpu on rookie I don’t get the point of playing this game man. Just sit dead middle and be patient. The pitch speeds are ridiculously slow on rookie.

SDS

@genopolanco said in Defeat CPU on All Star Difficulty:

@onnagood1 said in Defeat CPU on All Star Difficulty:

Nice, good job.

Why would the CPU have a pitcher hitting in the 9th? Not buying it.

Thanks for pointing that out. It was the 6th inning that this actually occurred. CPU Kyle Hendricks got the hit. I must've said the 9th inning at the time of writing the initial post, because that's what it felt like after losing. My bad.

Fortunately, I was able to bounce back and beat CPU on all-star 5-2 to complete and unlock 85 AS Kerry Wood as part of the player program.