Happy Bobby Bonilla day!

SDS

Would love to see him in the game, great switch hitter at one time.

SDS

@earths-flat_xbl said in Happy Bobby Bonilla day!:

Would love to see him in the game, great switch hitter at one time.

Man, I was just about to post about is no one gonna comment on one of the greatest contracts ever? Congrats Bobby Bonilla!

SDS

It order to get his rights they only have to pay him 5k but it is deferred with interest for the next 50 years. So it would cost them roughly 2 million dollars.

SDS

@mubby_33_psn said in Happy Bobby Bonilla day!:

It order to get his rights they only have to pay him 5k but it is deferred with interest for the next 50 years. So it would cost them roughly 2 million dollars.

LoL

SDS

Just in case anyone didn't know the details, he deferred $5.9 million. And for yearly payments of $1.2 million for 25 years, with 8% interest. So for deferring $5.9, he will get $30 million with interest. He's being paid until he's 72. That's taking care of your future right there

SDS

@baboonishace_psn said in Happy Bobby Bonilla day!:

Just in case anyone didn't know the details, he deferred $5.9 million. And for yearly payments of $1.2 million for 25 years, with 8% interest. So for deferring $5.9, he will get $30 million with interest. He's being paid until he's 72. That's taking care of your future right there

Before you made this post, I went to Google to find out who he was, since I had never heard of him. ESPN posted a story about it this morning, if anyone is interested.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31732959/bobby-bonilla-day-explained-why-mets-pay-119m-today-every-july-1

SDS

@baboonishace_psn said in Happy Bobby Bonilla day!:

Thanks for providing the context, I'm old so I assumed everyone knew the deal. Funny part is that is was generally thought of as a good deal for the Mets since they were investing with Bernie Madoff and he could return 12 percent, too bad it was a ponzi scheme.