Investment Advice

SDS

Without telling me obviously who you are investing in, can anyone share some tips at what one should be looking for when considering players to “invest” in?

For example, I see Devers just going off. So I take a gander at the 3 year numbers. They look pretty good to me. I see him knocked as a poor defensive 3B. Is that enough to keep him from going Diamond 💎 even if the offensive numbers keep up?

Thanks for any advice. First year player. I’d like to learn.

SDS

I'm somewhat lazy, so I'll head over to YouTube and see what the content creator are investing in.

SDS

Right. I’ve seen Ance Lamestrongs videos. Problem is everyone is looking at those same guys.

SDS

First thing you gotta remember is that SDS very rarely adjusts defensive stats mid season.

Second - using your knowledge of the first above you need to look at if a player actually has room to grow. A good example of this is Nelson Cruz - his contact vs left, and power vs left and right are already at or near 100, his vision is at 67 - this leaves you very little room for him to grow and get additional 3 overall points. The same kind of logic can apply to Jesse Winker - he doesnt really have a tonne of room to grow making going diamond hard for him.

One of the easiest ways that i dont mind sharing is RP -> SP can actually very easily mean a rarity upgrade since going from 30 Sta -> 80 Sta can give a pretty big bump to overall.

SDS

I'm not a big investment guy (I prefer flip & rip), but you're on the right path of doing it NOW. A lot of newbs wait until the Wednesday night before thinking they're going to cash in when the REAL money is made early in the cycle.

SDS

I check the vs left and vs right splits to see specifically where they can go up or if the numbers fit their attributes then the most important thing I look at is the stats over the last 15/30 days. The best thing too is to look for high defense guys because they are the easiest upgrades if they hit even somewhat decently

SDS

@savefarris_psn said in Investment Advice:

I'm not a big investment guy (I prefer flip & rip), but you're on the right path of doing it NOW. A lot of newbs wait until the Wednesday night before thinking they're going to cash in when the REAL money is made early in the cycle.

prefer flipping too. Maybe once I get the LS done ill do more investments but in more of a need stubs now mode

SDS

As others have said, defense does matter towards cards being upgraded. Like Vlad Jr, Devers only shot of going Diamond is a position change to 1st base.

SDS

Solid advice. Thanks guys. I think I’ve found a certain silver the fits the criteria you’ve laid out that I’ll take a chance on.