As of this morning, some exciting new things have been added and adjusted to the-show-zone.com!
- Non-market cards are now added to the site, include all attributes and individual pitches with speed, break, and control ratings.
- All data has now been scraped, so Secondary Positions, Jersey #s, Weights, Heights, Ages, and Hometowns are all now available. Some of the data points you may need to make visible by selecting the ‘Columns’ button on the top of the table.
- New for this season is a “True Overall” rating. Utilizing a linear regression analysis on all players in the database, I created a formula for each position that gives a rough ballpark of how each positions overall rating is calculated. Then, plugged in all player ratings and blew the cap off the maximum 99 overall to provide a “True” player overall rating. This should help easily identify the truly elite from an attributes perspective and become very helpful when deciding between two players.
- I’m in the process of adding Quirks and I hope to use the new Outlier quirk to actually formulate true pitch speeds knowing that player has that Quirk.
- I’ve now added the Average Sales per Minute for each card that data was available, which then drives a Profit per Minute column. I’ll be updating these sale volumes weekly when I update the player pool!
- I also updated the chart at the top of the page to now plot Profit vs. Profit per Minute, with the bubbles changing more green as the Profit Percentage goes up.
Coming soon - I'm working to establish a 'Card Similarity' rating, which basically tells you which other Diamond Dynasty card is most similar to that one. It's really helpful when trying to find the most similar card to something you're struggling to unlock, like a 12-0 BR reward. For example, the most similar player to the 91 BO Andrew Miller is 88 PS Cody Allen and 88 LS Josh Hader. From a pitch selection standpoint they may be different, but from a ratings perspective they're very close.