Fielders diving instead of running

SDS

Sometimes my fielders will dive instead of run when i use the left stick to try to move them. I've reported this bug twice, and I know some of you have experienced this. Has anyone managed to "fix" this?

SDS

Yeah. Happened to me a lot last night, my dude in the outfield would just leap in place as the ball sailed over his head

SDS

Yea it's very frustrating, I've reported the bug multiple times, so far nothing as far as a potential fix is concerned or anything

SDS

I’m not sure it’s a game bug as much as a controller issue. I noticed it happens to me when I use one controller and never when I use a different one.

SDS

Hmm my controller is fairly new but I'll try using another one and see what happens

SDS

Had same issue several times today. Cost me a game. Just started doing it after last patch. It is a bug for sure.

SDS

yeah, same here. It is mainly my outfielders just randomly diving.

SDS

Are you by any means touching the right stick when fielding? It makes the fielders jump or dive depending on which way its pressed. There used to be a option to disable this but its either gone from the game or I can't find it.

SDS

No I don't touch the right stick at all once i throw the pitch

SDS

The issue is that you're accidentally putting too much downward pressure on the left joystick. Real talk