Kopech or Whitley

SDS

Curious what you guys think about these two. Kopech FB is nasty, but his control can be kinda suspect (I own him and have used him a lot, but mostly in events). I worry a little bit about Whitley not having a fastball at all, but his stuff looks really good.

Both guys seems pretty solid - but Kopech worth 20k more than Whitley?

SDS

I find Kopech much harder to hit than Whitley

SDS

I haven't used Kopech, but I've been blown up with Whitley.

SDS

On AS it doesn’t matter who you use. On HoF, the cutter/sinker combo is pretty nasty. Once you time up Kopech’s fastball, he can’t throw anything by anyone.

SDS

Whitley ain’t bad but he has no fastball, just a sinker. I’d say kopech and it’s not close, although his control does suck.

SDS

Casey mize has a nice repertoire as well

SDS

I have super problems with Whitley every time I face him for a couple innings because he is so slow. I am out front of everything. Now after a couple innings I have him timed back up and he is very easy to hit but for whatever reason for a couple innings I struggle against him. Kopech isn't really that hard to hit at all. If you're sitting on 99 you can hit 102. That's his only claim to fame.

SDS

Whitleys sinker can go up to 98mph. You can basically use it as a fastball and when people do hit - especially up in the zone, you get a lot of popups.

Decent pitch selection to. His cutter is pretty good against left handed batters.

SDS

I have Whitley and I seem to get lit up with him more often than not. I'd say Kopech and it's not particularly close for me. Maybe I just suck, but just my opinion lol.

SDS

I was like 6-0 with whitley in the last event with a 1.50 era in last event on HOF against good players. People have a hard time hitting him when I pitched with him. He would dot a lot for me and his sinker is hard to catch up too