Friday 10/9 Diamond Quest Rewards (actual cards)
-
Im kidding - I actually support this content, because Diamond Quest needs actual cards as rewards, so its actually a reasonable way to grind. Play it through, get two cards on most runs - and you may have 50k stubs.
I just think theres a world where DQ could actually be fun for skilled and less-skilled players. Im not sure its currently fun for anyone...
% to win carries over to the next run.
Ability to choose if you want moment vs showdown vs a 3 inning game at least some of the time (I would always choose an option where i get to use my own cards even if moments are faster)
get rid of the nonsensical lose everything on a loss [censored], nothing worse than some bad RNG or an internet hiccup wiping out everything you did for the last hour+
As it stands DQ is the worst execution of a roguelike I have played- each run plays the exact same and there is no advantage gained on subsequent runs
-
My gripe with this particular drop is that there is a good chance that Springer retires after this season. Would be a shame to bury his potential last card ever behind DQ. Or at least last card for several years.
-
Hey, do you think there will be cards tied to the Mini Season as well? If it’s a Playoff one, that figure of 100 in the Collection needs to be filled out somehow, no?
-
Hey, do you think there will be cards tied to the Mini Season as well? If it’s a Playoff one, that figure of 100 in the Collection needs to be filled out somehow, no?
The 100 is probably just a placeholder, but letting us know that there will be a collection.
I wouldnt be surprised if they hold back some cards to put in a pack though
-
@rubicante23_PSN That would suggest it was ever great.
Any mode where you can successfully complete every single element, spend hours, and still not get the final reward is a bad mode.
The only people I have seen argue for it are the content creators who helped in it's formulation.
-
@Teak2112_MLBTS Thanks. You were right. The new content just appeared and no cards in the Mini Season but lots of packs.
-
@NotesOfJohn_PSN the RNG doesnt bother me at all. Everything in this game (and real baseball) is full of RNG. Ive had plenty of DQ runs with 80 percent chance where I didn't get the card. Oh well, keep playing...its no different than the Chase cards I dont get.
I want DQ to be an actual board game with some kind of strategy to it. Conquest too. Neither have any real strategy or fun twists - its just "slog through the spaces again"
-
Diamond Quest is back! Who's jacked up? Where are all the avid Questers at!?
Whats that - all online players think its annoying and boring? All offline players wanna complain that its too RNG?
How do we make the Quest great again??
Maybe don't artificially boost sliders to increase difficulty; I tried to square up Andy Pettitte on Legend during a boss challenge, spit on a few nasty cutters and a backdoor hook, and finally got a fastball in a decent spot. I squared it pretty well and hit a fly ball that died at the centerfield warning track. I immediately realized this mode wasn't going to be enjoyable, with the mind-numbingly easy moments to the immediate jump with no real warm-up if you hit the boss; it's simply not fun at all, and I haven't touched it since.
-
I’ve already got Springer and now working in Eckersly. They are sellable but I will use them. Go back and get them again to make stubs
-
Brother, I’m 71 years old and didn’t play since 23 and only got 26 on September 1st when it was free. I haven’t spent a dime and have an all 99 team and $1M in stubs. If I can do DQ with ease, so can you. If you can play Conquest on Legend or even HOF you will get better at hitting. You need patience at the plate. Just gotta quit playing on Rookie and Veteran. Now just do it.
-
Brother, I’m 71 years old and didn’t play since 23 and only got 26 on September 1st when it was free. I haven’t spent a dime and have an all 99 team and $1M in stubs. If I can do DQ with ease, so can you. If you can play Conquest on Legend or even HOF you will get better at hitting. You need patience at the plate. Just gotta quit playing on Rookie and Veteran. Now just do it.
While I appreciate the advice and recognize that you are absolutely correct, that if I practiced more on the harder difficulties then I would indeed get better and be more successful with this mode.
The problem is that when I play the game I just want to have some fun. If I want to spend productive time practicing to get better at something then I would break out my guitars, which have been ignored far too long.

-
@dolenz_psn
Brother you can earn packs and cards playing Conquest on a harder level and still have fun getting better. And while we are on the subject, I’m practicing on my Les Paul through a vintage Fender Tube Amp right now. Do both. Never regret what you can do now that you can’t do when you too old to. -
Okay, if you guys are really guitar players then what are the first 6 chords in Free Bird?


️ -
Man I never learned it fully but I am pretty sure the solo section is just G, Bb and C
The intro is like G, ??, Em
The second chord just lowers the bass note to F# or something but I am not sure if the chord name?
My guitars are tucked away in their cases so I can't work it out right now
-
@PapaRick68_MLBTS
Honestly I like Freebird a lot but I play and or learn early Allman Brothers Band stuff and Blues. Didn’t say I was great but love playing. I do have a Korina Explorer and a Firebird because I liked Allen Collins so much. My Les Paul and SG are because of Duane and Dickey and what they played on Fillmore East.


-
@PapaRick68_MLBTS
Honestly I like Freebird a lot but I play and or learn early Allman Brothers Band stuff and Blues. Didn’t say I was great but love playing. I do have a Korina Explorer and a Firebird because I liked Allen Collins so much. My Les Paul and SG are because of Duane and Dickey and what they played on Fillmore East.


If you are an Allman Brothers fan would you be impressed that I am friends, or at least friendly with Jack Pearson.
-
@PapaRick68_MLBTS
G
D
Em
F
C
D
Haha looked it up -
avid Questers



-
@Dolenz_PSN
Jack is probably one of the best unknown guitarists there is. And he plays mostly cheap Squire guitars. However he is so good, any guitar he plays he sounds awesome on. I saw a video of him playing Duane Allman’s SG and he was awestruck. Did you know that Dickey gave his SG to Duane because he didn’t like to wait on Duane to retune during live shows on his Les Paul? That was after Fillmore and not long before Duane died. Duane has been my favorite guitarist since 1971 when I was 16. -
@Texas10pt_MLBTS Jack is also just an incredibly humble and nice guy.
Go to YouTube and find a video of Jack and Tommy Emmanuel playing Avalon together on two acoustics. I am the one who filmed that.