So i guess no new modes?
-
Its hilarious that SDS advertises "new online & offline Modes" yet we get nothing except a bunch of boring offline grind to unlock postseason cards.
They've also took down the sign from the main page talking about the new mode. You'd think the company they know is dying for a new mode, they would at least talk about it.
Got us again SDS!
-
You and other people in the community read this wrong. The banner said "Postseason-Themed Modes" and "Find new Single Player & Multiplayer drops." It advertised new drops for postseason-themed modes, not brand-new modes. You're calling SDS out for a promise that was never made.
-
@Bridge-Piece_XBL No, it clearly had the word NEW and MODE in the same sentence. Plus, they know what they are doing using the word "MODES" they are using another trigger word to get people on their game without delivering.
-
@wahhill627_xbl This was all I saw, which clearly says "new Single Player & Multiplayer drops".

Maybe you saw "new modes" somewhere else, but I did not.
-
Come on man, they knew what they were doing with the wording they were using. Name the last time they used the word "mode" speaking about a content drop?
-
@WahHill627_XBL I never read it that way, man. You saw "modes" and "new" and apparently skipped the words connecting them. "New" describes the drops. "Postseason-themed" describes the modes. I think that's pretty clear here.
You went from "it clearly said new modes" to "they knew what they were doing" once the screenshot showed otherwise. It's fair to be disappointed, but your interpretation doesn't turn into their promise. Plus expecting new modes in October doesn't make any sense.
-
-
Come on man, they knew what they were doing with the wording they were using. Name the last time they used the word "mode" speaking about a content drop?
Wait I see it recalculating
Nope, I think you are being willfully naive in order to justify your anger towards SDS and the game.
We are getting a new Diamond Quest, Mini Season and Event this Friday. If they are Postseason based, then the announcement was correct. Postseason-themed modes with New single player (DQ and Mini Seasons) and multiplayer (Events) drops.
-
I read it as MS, Conquest, and DQ probably coming
My hope is that they can do a playoff themed MS like they did WBC but I seriously doubt they will
-
@Bridge-Piece_XBL You never answered my question, when was the last time they used "mode" in describing upcoming content? Look at the current cullender. Nothing mentions "mode" i think they were trying to do something special for the postseason and couldn't code it right, so they swept it under the rug.
Plus, if misunderstanding is the case, why take down the sign? why not leave it up the entire post season?
-
@Teak2112_MLBTS I do think they wanted to try something and couldn't do it right so they swept it under the rug.
-
@Bridge-Piece_XBL You never answered my question, when was the last time they used "mode" in describing upcoming content? Look at the current cullender. Nothing mentions "mode" i think they were trying to do something special for the postseason and couldn't code it right, so they swept it under the rug.
Plus, if misunderstanding is the case, why take down the sign? why not leave it up the entire post season?
I still think you are just trying to justify your anger towards SDS. There is nothing factually wrong with the statement if DQ, Mini Seasons and Events are all centered around postseasons and reward some postseason reward.
We'll have to just wait and see.
-
You thought they were introducing a whole new mode in October!? Id be super happy if they gave us a new mode next year (Team Building Mode please)
-
@rubicante23_PSN I didn't think that, a lot of people did. Who cares what time of the year it is? thats irrelevant
-
@Dolenz_PSN I don't have any anger towards anyone. I'm just pointing out what appeared to be a promise that isn't be fulfilled.
-
@Dolenz_PSN I don't have any anger towards anyone. I'm just pointing out what appeared to be a promise that isn't be fulfilled.
I would change that statement to "you mistook it as a promise of a new mode".
You are the only one here who read it that way despite the claim that "a lot of people did".
I still maintain that if the content on Friday gives Postseason drops then the statement was 100% factual.
-
@Bridge-Piece_XBL You never answered my question, when was the last time they used "mode" in describing upcoming content? Look at the current cullender. Nothing mentions "mode" i think they were trying to do something special for the postseason and couldn't code it right, so they swept it under the rug.
Plus, if misunderstanding is the case, why take down the sign? why not leave it up the entire post season?
At the end of the day, you win for making me actually search "modes" on MLBTS Twitter.
But as you can see they used it when promoting All-Star content, and it's the same idea here: themed content in existing modes.They named the individual modes in that announcement, sure. But by October, I don't really need them spelled out to understand what "postseason-themed modes" and "new drops" mean. Apparently you needed the extra clarification, so hopefully this helps.

-
@Dolenz_PSN 10% is right lol
-
-
@Dolenz_PSN I'm on xbox now.