So i guess no new modes?
-
@Bridge-Piece_XBL They changed it, bro.
It said new modes, then they changed the wording.
Many knew it was just poor wording on their part, so there was little real outrage, but yeah, they changed it after some got excited.I think people just read it wrong. I pulled the screenshot off a video that was put up within hours of that banner coming into the game.
-
I think people just read it wrong. I pulled the screenshot off a video that was put up within hours of that banner coming into the game.
I guess it's all up for interpretation, but i'm looking at a screenshot from a video (i can't post here, for some reason) which says "Postseason-Themed Modes - Find new Single Play & Multiplayer drops".
I saw it and went "ah, poor choice of words, SDS", but i can see how others read it as new modes.
They changed the wording not long after.I believe they also tweeted more explicitly about new modes and then deleted it super quickly (i don't have Twitter but definitely saw a YT short screenshotting it).
Either way, it's a big nothing burger imo.
We were never getting new modes this late, it was just poor wording. -
@NotesOfJohn_PSN yeah I may have missed any bad wording. What I saw, and the banner I shared earlier made it clear to me what we were getting. I saw no wording changes or deleted Twitter posts so can’t really comment on that. Either way, agreed. Nothingburger.
-
Postseason-Themed Modes - Find new Single Play & Multiplayer drops
If they said something else and removed it then that is one thing but that statement above seems very straightforward to me.
Postseason themed modes is more succinct than saying postseason themed Diamond Quest, Mini Season and event.
But I still think that no matter what it said that people who thought there would be a new mode(s) were being willfully naive.
-
@Dolenz_PSN said:
But I still think that no matter what it said that people who thought there would be a new mode(s) were being willfully naive.I dug around and apparently a bunch of content creators forgot how to read, and spread false hope to their followers. Pretty sure that's all that happened.
Notably one video titled: "A NEW Game Mode Is Coming to MLB The Show??"
-
I'm not one to pull my punches with SDS, especially regarding content or lack thereof, but I never was under the impression that new modes were coming. Sometimes people just see what they want to see I guess
-
I mean seriously people are upset about a poorly worded post that if they stopped and used a grain of common sense that any video game studio wouldn't drop any new modes in the back half of a games life cycle. There are better things to be salty about like the WBC glitch exploiters getting off scott free. This poorly worded post people are overreaching to be upset with SDS.
-
@DrBear100_PSN lol, that is what you are worried about? wow
-
Why are you mocking me? Did you partake of explicit by chance?
-
@DrBear100_PSN lol, that is what you are worried about? wow
Of course, you are worried over a misinterpretation that is not even SDS's fault
The lack of action on WBC exploits, even after promising action, destroyed SDS's credibility. That had a severe negative impact on the game this year for anyone who did not exploit
-
@Teak2112_MLBTS said:
The lack of action on WBC exploits, even after promising action, destroyed SDS's credibility. That had a severe negative impact on the game this year for anyone who did not exploitAs a certified SDS "bootlicker," I have to say my pack luck has fallen off a cliff. I pulled probably 15x as many diamonds in the ~80 days from launch to the WBC exploit as I have since. And I don't think I've pulled a single one from a Ballin' pack since. If SDS lowered the odds to offset all those extra packs, I don't really blame them... but it sure feels like EVERYONE is paying the price because a select few exploited the heck out of the game. I wish they took action, but I feel like circumstances prevented them from being able to do so.
-
because a select few exploited the heck out of the game.
I think it was more than just a select few.
Yes many of us are still upset about people exploiting the game to the tune of thousands of packs while those who did not partake in the glitch struggled to earn the stubs needed for all of the super expensive cards this year
-
because a select few exploited the heck out of the game.
I think it was more than just a select few.
I have 0 idea why I worded it that way. Sorry about that.
-
what in the world
-
they never update with things like that
-
@DrBear100_PSN nope i did not.
-
@Dolenz_PSN To be honest, when things happen outside of the norm it makes it actually interesting to get on the game and play. We've had the same DD experience for YEARS. Even though I didnt take part in the glitch, seeing it happen actually brought some excitement to the game.