So i guess no new modes?
-
@Bridge-Piece_XBL You never answered my question, when was the last time they used "mode" in describing upcoming content? Look at the current cullender. Nothing mentions "mode" i think they were trying to do something special for the postseason and couldn't code it right, so they swept it under the rug.
Plus, if misunderstanding is the case, why take down the sign? why not leave it up the entire post season?
I still think you are just trying to justify your anger towards SDS. There is nothing factually wrong with the statement if DQ, Mini Seasons and Events are all centered around postseasons and reward some postseason reward.
We'll have to just wait and see.
-
You thought they were introducing a whole new mode in October!? Id be super happy if they gave us a new mode next year (Team Building Mode please)
-
@rubicante23_PSN I didn't think that, a lot of people did. Who cares what time of the year it is? thats irrelevant
-
@Dolenz_PSN I don't have any anger towards anyone. I'm just pointing out what appeared to be a promise that isn't be fulfilled.
-
@Dolenz_PSN I don't have any anger towards anyone. I'm just pointing out what appeared to be a promise that isn't be fulfilled.
I would change that statement to "you mistook it as a promise of a new mode".
You are the only one here who read it that way despite the claim that "a lot of people did".
I still maintain that if the content on Friday gives Postseason drops then the statement was 100% factual.
-
@Bridge-Piece_XBL You never answered my question, when was the last time they used "mode" in describing upcoming content? Look at the current cullender. Nothing mentions "mode" i think they were trying to do something special for the postseason and couldn't code it right, so they swept it under the rug.
Plus, if misunderstanding is the case, why take down the sign? why not leave it up the entire post season?
At the end of the day, you win for making me actually search "modes" on MLBTS Twitter.
But as you can see they used it when promoting All-Star content, and it's the same idea here: themed content in existing modes.They named the individual modes in that announcement, sure. But by October, I don't really need them spelled out to understand what "postseason-themed modes" and "new drops" mean. Apparently you needed the extra clarification, so hopefully this helps.

-
@Dolenz_PSN 10% is right lol
-
-
@Dolenz_PSN I'm on xbox now.
-
@Dolenz_PSN I'm on xbox now.
Thanks for the answer.
There are so many things to be upset or disappointed about with this year's game. This one just seems like a massive reach.
-
@Bridge-Piece_XBL Thanks for the clarification
-
@WahHill627_XBL You are quite welcome!
-
@Bridge-Piece_XBL They changed it, bro.
It said new modes, then they changed the wording.
Many knew it was just poor wording on their part, so there was little real outrage, but yeah, they changed it after some got excited. -
Poor wording is the least of anyone's concerns. I am pretty sure the OP has poorly worded stuff before and had to backtrack. Such a non issue.
-
@Bridge-Piece_XBL They changed it, bro.
It said new modes, then they changed the wording.
Many knew it was just poor wording on their part, so there was little real outrage, but yeah, they changed it after some got excited.I think people just read it wrong. I pulled the screenshot off a video that was put up within hours of that banner coming into the game.
-
I think people just read it wrong. I pulled the screenshot off a video that was put up within hours of that banner coming into the game.
I guess it's all up for interpretation, but i'm looking at a screenshot from a video (i can't post here, for some reason) which says "Postseason-Themed Modes - Find new Single Play & Multiplayer drops".
I saw it and went "ah, poor choice of words, SDS", but i can see how others read it as new modes.
They changed the wording not long after.I believe they also tweeted more explicitly about new modes and then deleted it super quickly (i don't have Twitter but definitely saw a YT short screenshotting it).
Either way, it's a big nothing burger imo.
We were never getting new modes this late, it was just poor wording. -
@NotesOfJohn_PSN yeah I may have missed any bad wording. What I saw, and the banner I shared earlier made it clear to me what we were getting. I saw no wording changes or deleted Twitter posts so can’t really comment on that. Either way, agreed. Nothingburger.
-
Postseason-Themed Modes - Find new Single Play & Multiplayer drops
If they said something else and removed it then that is one thing but that statement above seems very straightforward to me.
Postseason themed modes is more succinct than saying postseason themed Diamond Quest, Mini Season and event.
But I still think that no matter what it said that people who thought there would be a new mode(s) were being willfully naive.
-
@Dolenz_PSN said:
But I still think that no matter what it said that people who thought there would be a new mode(s) were being willfully naive.I dug around and apparently a bunch of content creators forgot how to read, and spread false hope to their followers. Pretty sure that's all that happened.
Notably one video titled: "A NEW Game Mode Is Coming to MLB The Show??"
-
I'm not one to pull my punches with SDS, especially regarding content or lack thereof, but I never was under the impression that new modes were coming. Sometimes people just see what they want to see I guess