• Categories
  • Popular
  • Dev Tracker
Skins
  • Default (The Show 26)
  • No Skin
  • The Show 23
  • Dark
  • The Show 24
  • The Show 25
  • The Show 26
Collapse
THESHOW.COM
Game Games Support Support My Account My Account

Community Forum

CPU Pitching is Horrific

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Diamond Dynasty
16 Posts 9 Posters 4.1k Views
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • platewelder_363_PSNP global:{posts.user.status}
    platewelder_363_PSNP global:{posts.user.status}
    platewelder_363_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #6

    When I’m playing CPU on veteran, I don’t wanna have to waste taking pitches. I wanna mash and get my grind over with. If I want a more realistic experience, that’s what HOF or legend is for or I’ll just play ranked. CPU pitching has been BRUTAL this year.

    TripleH-4481_PSNT 1 Reply Last reply
    2
  • xRatedGProdigyx_PSNX global:{posts.user.status}
    xRatedGProdigyx_PSNX global:{posts.user.status}
    xRatedGProdigyx_PSN
    wrote last edited by xRatedGProdigyx_PSN
    #7

    @Sarge1387_PSN said:

    @ryancostello620_NSW

    I don't know if I'm in the same boat as far as the content goes, I will say something similar: I would wager anything the CPU reads where your PCI is most of the time.

    ** I will also swear that, on occasion, if the CPU calculates you've got your PCI correctly positioned, the type of pitch will change on the way in. Breaking balls "jump up" from the pitchers hand and they're extremely easy to pick up, and I have seen it do this only to blow by me at 101 as a FB.**

    This "redirecting pitch" conspiracy is very apparent when bunting.

    TripleH-4481_PSNT Sarge1387_PSNS 2 Replies Last reply
    2
  • TripleH-4481_PSNT global:{posts.user.status}
    TripleH-4481_PSNT global:{posts.user.status}
    TripleH-4481_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #8

    @xRatedGProdigyx_PSN

    Pretty sure this was done to curb bunt cheesing diamond quest.

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
  • TripleH-4481_PSNT global:{posts.user.status}
    TripleH-4481_PSNT global:{posts.user.status}
    TripleH-4481_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #9

    @platewelder_363_PSN

    Problem is even on GOAT the CPU does the same erratic bs. Super dotting, plunking guys, wild pitches, and full counts on almost every hitter.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • Sarge1387_PSNS global:{posts.user.status}
    Sarge1387_PSNS global:{posts.user.status}
    Sarge1387_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #10

    @xRatedGProdigyx_PSN

    I'll be honest, when I first read your reply I thought you were mocking me.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • FN-Billy-Sastard_PSNF global:{posts.user.status}
    FN-Billy-Sastard_PSNF global:{posts.user.status}
    FN-Billy-Sastard_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #11

    Glad I found this. For months now CPU pitching has been infuriating me. I do have a few conspiracies of my own though.

    I am almost certain while, you will win most games against the CPU, you will not get anywhere close to the things you want to achieve (K's, HRs, PXP etc ...) than you would have gotten in games gone by.

    I started noticing it when I was focusing on team affinity. Obviously the season standout challenges are insane and in most cases you need 300+ Ks with a specific team and if you go into either mini seasons or conquest, you'll notice they foul of pitch after pitch until eventually they'll get a grounder or a fly ball. We all know getting K's against the CPU should be pretty easy but this year is different, absolutely no doubt.

    The CPU pitching is just horrendous. Common and bronze pitchers with absolutely no control throw [censored] after [censored] then dot dot dot, obviously you get hits but again like above, its completely unreaslitic in a game that we reguarly hear people state "well thats baseball". Even in the moonshot mini seasons where hitting homers is kinda the aim, the common pitchers throw very little.

    It all comes down to SDS making this game very grindy - a lot LOT more than before and again, look at mini season objectives. I dont have them to hand but ridiculous amounts of Ks, PXP and HRs.

    I can't help but think they are pandering to the few and making the game gradually more unenjoyable for the whales and streamers out there.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • nymets1987_PSNN global:{posts.user.status}
    nymets1987_PSNN global:{posts.user.status}
    nymets1987_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #12

    The moment pitching against me is some of the worst I ever seen

    FN-Billy-Sastard_PSNF 1 Reply Last reply
    1
  • xRatedGProdigyx_PSNX global:{posts.user.status}
    xRatedGProdigyx_PSNX global:{posts.user.status}
    xRatedGProdigyx_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #13

    The part that has really started annoying me with it is when I'm patient and just wait out the junk pitches only to get a great pitch that ends up as a low exit velocity flyout or perfect-perfect right at a fielder.

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
  • FN-Billy-Sastard_PSNF global:{posts.user.status}
    FN-Billy-Sastard_PSNF global:{posts.user.status}
    FN-Billy-Sastard_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #14

    @nymets1987_PSN yeah last night I was doing the Payton tolle to Austin Wells moment and wondering what the hell is this [censored]. I actually just force myself to snigger at it now rather get angry although that doesn't always work.

    nymets1987_PSNN 1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • nymets1987_PSNN global:{posts.user.status}
    nymets1987_PSNN global:{posts.user.status}
    nymets1987_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #15

    @FN-Billy-Sastard_PSN said:

    @nymets1987_PSN yeah last night I was doing the Payton tolle to Austin Wells moment and wondering what the hell is this [censored]. I actually just force myself to snigger at it now rather get angry although that doesn't always work.

    I struggled with Riley versus Duran he either threw 102 high or splitter low

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
  • PapaRick68_MLBTSP global:{posts.user.status}
    PapaRick68_MLBTSP global:{posts.user.status}
    PapaRick68_MLBTS
    wrote last edited by
    #16

    26 times for Bryce to hit the Homer. 😳⚾️

    1 Reply Last reply
    1

X Instagram Facebook YouTube Twitch Discord TikTok
Major League Baseball Players Association Major League Baseball Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation Studios San Diego Studio ESRB ESRB Certificate
Terms of Use Privacy Policy TheShow.com Community Code of Conduct MLB The Show Online Code of Conduct MLB The Show Games

“PlayStation Family Mark”, “PlayStation”, “PlayStation Studios logo”, “PS5 Logo”, and “Play Has No Limits” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. ©2026 Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. MLB and MiLB trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com and MiLB.com. Officially Licensed Product of MLB Players, Inc. MLBPA trademarks, copyrighted works and other intellectual property rights are owned and/or held by MLBPA and may not be used without the written consent of MLBPA or MLB Players, Inc. Visit MLBPLAYERS.com, the Players Choice on the web. The Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, Inc., as applicable. Visit the official website of the Hall of Fame at BaseballHall.org. Official Licensee-Major League Alumni Marketing, Inc. © MLAM. Officially Licensed by the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, Inc. Kansas City, MO. Stubs is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

  • Login

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Popular
  • Dev Tracker
  • Login

  • Login or register to search.