• Categories
  • Popular
  • Dev Tracker
Skins
  • Default (The Show 26)
  • No Skin
  • The Show 23
  • Dark
  • The Show 24
  • The Show 25
  • The Show 26
Collapse
THESHOW.COM
Game Games Support Support My Account My Account

Community Forum

Stub Transferring bans

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Community Market
12 Posts 9 Posters 3.2k Views
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • J_Kidd1231_PSNJ global:{posts.user.status}
    J_Kidd1231_PSNJ global:{posts.user.status}
    J_Kidd1231_PSN
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I was banned 3 weeks ago or maybe even longer now for market manipulation. When all I was doing was flipping. After long convos with @sds_joek_psn and @sds_manu where one said I did nothing wrong but then backtracked and told me that I was actually banned for stub transferring even though the ban in the email and on my screen says market manipulation. I was told to put in a ticket still haven’t heard back and I’m not holding my breathe. SDS has a bot problem. So if you flip like you have in past years and the bot buys your stuff you get banned for it even though you cannot control who buys or sells. So innocent people get banned you get robbed of whatever you paid for the game just because the people that work there can’t figure out how to stop it. SDS how about trying to go after the 3rd party companies themselves. What do you think the people that got banned that didn’t do anything wrong think when they see huge streamers like Kyle and other promote those companies give discount codes out get paid by the companies and say they use them but those people STILL ARENT BANNED. You have absolutely ruined your community with this. You are literally robbing people.

    x-814-x-MAFIA-x_PSNX DEF266_PSND 2 Replies Last reply
    0
  • grimmdogg23_PSNG global:{posts.user.status}
    grimmdogg23_PSNG global:{posts.user.status}
    grimmdogg23_PSN
    wrote on last edited by grimmdogg23_PSN
    #2

    Do they send an email regarding a ban? I have a ban notice when I try to load the game up, but I have no emails alerting me to the ban.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • J_Kidd1231_PSNJ global:{posts.user.status}
    J_Kidd1231_PSNJ global:{posts.user.status}
    J_Kidd1231_PSN
    wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I got an email saying I was banned for market manipulation but after talking with Joe and Manu on here they said it was third party purchasing but never got an email about that nor does my game say I’m banned for that. They are just making stuff up as they go. They won’t say it but their philosophy is for every 100 cheaters if 10-15 innocents get it to they can live with that

    TripleH-4481_PSNT 2 Replies Last reply
    0
  • TripleH-4481_PSNT global:{posts.user.status}
    TripleH-4481_PSNT global:{posts.user.status}
    TripleH-4481_PSN
    wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @J_Kidd1231_PSN

    Buying stubs from 3rd party sites is explicitly against the TOS. That’s why you were banned.

    1 Reply Last reply
    6
  • J_Kidd1231_PSNJ global:{posts.user.status}
    J_Kidd1231_PSNJ global:{posts.user.status}
    J_Kidd1231_PSN
    wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Except I did not do that I was flipping diamond equipment and bots bought what I had posted. You need to understand what is actually happening before commenting

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • TripleH-4481_PSNT global:{posts.user.status}
    TripleH-4481_PSNT global:{posts.user.status}
    TripleH-4481_PSN
    wrote on last edited by TripleH-4481_PSN
    #6

    @J_Kidd1231_PSN said:

    I got an email saying I was banned for market manipulation but after talking with Joe and Manu on here they said it was third party purchasing but never got an email about that nor does my game say I’m banned for that. They are just making stuff up as they go. They won’t say it but their philosophy is for every 100 cheaters if 10-15 innocents get it to they can live with that

    They said it was third party purchasing but never got an email about that nor does my game say I’m banned for that. Based on that I assumed you purchased off 3rd party sites. If not and you were erroneously banned i apologize. But if you were flipping equipment during stub transfers it was easy to see something wasnt right.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • x-814-x-MAFIA-x_PSNX global:{posts.user.status}
    x-814-x-MAFIA-x_PSNX global:{posts.user.status}
    x-814-x-MAFIA-x_PSN
    wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @J_Kidd1231_PSN said:

    I was banned 3 weeks ago or maybe even longer now for market manipulation. When all I was doing was flipping. After long convos with @sds_joek_psn and @sds_manu where one said I did nothing wrong but then backtracked and told me that I was actually banned for stub transferring even though the ban in the email and on my screen says market manipulation. I was told to put in a ticket still haven’t heard back and I’m not holding my breathe. SDS has a bot problem. So if you flip like you have in past years and the bot buys your stuff you get banned for it even though you cannot control who buys or sells. So innocent people get banned you get robbed of whatever you paid for the game just because the people that work there can’t figure out how to stop it. SDS how about trying to go after the 3rd party companies themselves. What do you think the people that got banned that didn’t do anything wrong think when they see huge streamers like Kyle and other promote those companies give discount codes out get paid by the companies and say they use them but those people STILL ARENT BANNED. You have absolutely ruined your community with this. You are literally robbing people.

    Well, considering the banned Kyle. .....

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • DEF266_PSND global:{posts.user.status}
    DEF266_PSND global:{posts.user.status}
    DEF266_PSN
    wrote on last edited by DEF266_PSN
    #8

    @J_Kidd1231_PSN

    If your flipping non players cards on a regular basis there is no way to avoid getting caught up in stub transfers by whoever is doing them. I havent flipped as much this year due to the bots but even when I have my orders on somedays would be instantly bought out. We shouldnt have to fear being banned if your simply trying to grow your stubs the correct way without purchasing. I think SDS should look at this and take gameplay time vs flipping as a factor when choosing to ban someone. At the end of the day, cheating with zens or whatever else is happening on every online game and it is the console companies responsibility to ban 3rd party hardware. I hope the OP gets his account unbanned if he wasnt doing something wrong.

    Dolenz_PSND 1 Reply Last reply
    1
  • MichiganMan9545_XBLM global:{posts.user.status}
    MichiganMan9545_XBLM global:{posts.user.status}
    MichiganMan9545_XBL
    wrote last edited by
    #9

    Same thing happened to me on tuesday. I just reached out to @manu_SDS, and I have also filed a ticket.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • Dolenz_PSND global:{posts.user.status}
    Dolenz_PSND global:{posts.user.status}
    Dolenz_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #10

    @DEF266_PSN said:

    If your flipping non players cards on a regular basis there is no way to avoid getting caught up in stub transfers by whoever is doing them.

    This. If you are flipping unlockables or equipment for big profits, there is a better than average chance you are completing transactions with 3rd party sellers.

    If you buy or sell multiple of these items to or from the same account, then that is most likely going to get flagged as stub transfers.

    I don't know what their criteria is but multiple transactions between the same two parties in a short time span is not something that should normally happen.

    I wish they could get a better handle on it but until then be wary of items with unreasonable profit margins. Look at the history and see if it has jumped up by a large margin recently.

    Oliver230230230_PSNO 1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • Oliver230230230_PSNO global:{posts.user.status}
    Oliver230230230_PSNO global:{posts.user.status}
    Oliver230230230_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #11

    @Dolenz_PSN I left a pretty lengthy comment in the main marketplace thread how recent bans have actually been fueling the marketplace problems. The silence behind it has driven players to search for answers where they are met with many webpages explaining how the marketplace has been corrupted by bots and humans are not able to compete fairly. Those who try may be banned. Therefore the solution is to buy stubs and individual cards directly from them. These pirates are using the problems they created and the failed response as bait to lure customers.

    DrBear100_PSND 1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • DrBear100_PSND global:{posts.user.status}
    DrBear100_PSND global:{posts.user.status}
    DrBear100_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #12

    @Oliver230230230_PSN

    I think there are much wider issues going on right now that go way beyond SDS and MLBTS. I think people in general are looking for ways to stick their fingers in Sony's eyeballs right now. Quite honestly I think a lot of these issues that this game has are probably wider blowback from a lot issues Sony has right now. Not saying that SDS hasn't shot themselves in the foot periodically throughout the year but I think they are trying to cope with the crazy landscape of video gaming right now. More and more things I have been reading... I feel sorry for these devs and people like @manu__sds_mlbts and @sds_joek_psn that are trying their best to push forward in this hostile video game landscape right now.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0

X Instagram Facebook YouTube Twitch Discord TikTok
Major League Baseball Players Association Major League Baseball Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation Studios San Diego Studio ESRB ESRB Certificate
Terms of Use Privacy Policy TheShow.com Community Code of Conduct MLB The Show Online Code of Conduct MLB The Show Games

“PlayStation Family Mark”, “PlayStation”, “PlayStation Studios logo”, “PS5 Logo”, and “Play Has No Limits” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. ©2026 Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. MLB and MiLB trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com and MiLB.com. Officially Licensed Product of MLB Players, Inc. MLBPA trademarks, copyrighted works and other intellectual property rights are owned and/or held by MLBPA and may not be used without the written consent of MLBPA or MLB Players, Inc. Visit MLBPLAYERS.com, the Players Choice on the web. The Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, Inc., as applicable. Visit the official website of the Hall of Fame at BaseballHall.org. Official Licensee-Major League Alumni Marketing, Inc. © MLAM. Officially Licensed by the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, Inc. Kansas City, MO. Stubs is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

  • Login

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Popular
  • Dev Tracker
  • Login

  • Login or register to search.