Chaos Reigns Supreme

SDS

The M’s finish game one of a double header tonight with backup catcher Luis Torrens on the mound. He gets the win in extras, then catches all of game two, getting a walk and a hit in the process.

Not to be outdone, after Dylan Moore gets hit by a pitch twice on the hand, Carlos Santana plays the 9th in right field, wearing his first base trapper.

Baseball is a hell of a game, gentlemen.

SDS

Working as intended.

My question is when Santana went to RF did he completely forget how to play the game of baseball ?

SDS

@KOTANK1334_PSN said in Chaos Reigns Supreme:

Working as intended.

My question is when Santana went to RF did he completely forget how to play the game of baseball ?

Actually he jumped 6 feet in the air to rob a HR on a perfect perfect flyball with 110 exit velo and 28 degree launch angle.

SDS

So you're telling me professional athletes can play out of position and not completely [censored] the bed??

SDS

Even with the wrong glove!
In the same inning, Curt Casali played 1B, and Frazier played SS.

SDS

Torrens getting the start today at 2B! Let’s go!!!!

SDS

@halfbutt_PSN said in Chaos Reigns Supreme:

Torrens getting the start today at 2B! Let’s go!!!!

SDS needs to add that as Secondary, STAT! I mean, LOTF Posada has it...

SDS

Right??
I mean how cool would it be to have a catcher with relief pitcher and 2B secondaries?!!!

SDS

Fastball at 80mph with a cutter and a straight change…

SDS

So you're telling me professional athletes can play out of position and not completely [censored] the bed??

Still one of my personal favorites:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iwbUf7XvPbQ&t=106

SDS

Absolutely LOVE to see that!
Nice post!

SDS

Torrens makes a lovely play at 2B AND launches a 2 run bomb to left!!!!

So, in two days, Torrens has an extra inning pitching win, caught a win behind the dish, played a game as a middle IF, AND hit a two run bomb.

SDS

@SaveFarris_PSN said in Chaos Reigns Supreme:

Still one of my personal favorites:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iwbUf7XvPbQ&t=106

It's almost as if these guys have played the sport their entire lives and are somewhat athletic !!

SDS

Oh, can I add hosing a runner at 2?
This would be quite a moment.

1. get the W in extras
  2. catch 9 innings
  3. hose a baserunner at 2
  4. record an IF assist
  5. hit a two run bomb
SDS

Apparently, the last primary position player to record a pitching W and homer the next day was Jimmy Foxx in 1945.