Online matchmaking regional?

SDS

Is online matchmaking region based? I guess there’s no way to truly know without chatting with the person you are playing about where they live... but it seems like based on custom uniforms, I get matched with a lot of guys in cities near mine. I see a lot of custom jerseys in RS and events that are of local high schools near me. Just something I was curious about.

SDS

Yes it is. I am in SC and at least half of my games are against gamecocks and unc fans.

SDS

It is for the most part. If the search bar goes to far you are bound to get some from farther away, but I would say 98% of my opponents have team names that tell me they are from the Midwest

SDS

All most all my games are people from different countries.

SDS

100%. Lots of Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, and Boston. Fenway is the new Shippett.

SDS

@the_dragon1912 said in Online matchmaking regional?:

It is for the most part. If the search bar goes to far you are bound to get some from farther away, but I would say 98% of my opponents have team names that tell me they are from the Midwest

Same here.

SDS

@untchable704_psn said in Online matchmaking regional?:

Yes it is. I am in SC and at least half of my games are against gamecocks and unc fans.

Same here. I rock UNC jerseys (originally from NC - just moved to the Upstate last summer). Lot of my games are against UNC, SC, or Clemson. Had a few games against Duke fans. But then I also get some high schools from the Upstate area as well. So that triggered my thought about region matchmaking as well.

SDS

@roll-humps_xbl said in Online matchmaking regional?:

Is online matchmaking region based? I guess there’s no way to truly know without chatting with the person you are playing about where they live... but it seems like based on custom uniforms, I get matched with a lot of guys in cities near mine. I see a lot of custom jerseys in RS and events that are of local high schools near me. Just something I was curious about.

I'm in NY and play 85% of my games against Met and Yankee fans