High Sinker/Fastball

SDS

This is for a specific player...Willie.
If u guys have used him, how do you cope with his stance/swing? Its obviously harder to pull a pitch inside, especially up and in. But what do you guys think?

SDS

The word is out on willie now so most people who face him will go with the sinker/slider combo. Some guys have “quick” swings but with willie it seems I have to swing a little bit earlier on those inside pitches. If I see the ball come high out of his hand then I’m gonna sell out on a high sinker. But if it comes out a little lower then I’m assuming it’ll be a slider low and away. I just anticipate a sinker every pitch so that I’m on time for it and react to the offspeed

SDS

@Exotic_Combs said in High Sinker/Fastball:

The word is out on willie now so most people who face him will go with the sinker/slider combo. Some guys have “quick” swings but with willie it seems I have to swing a little bit earlier on those inside pitches. If I see the ball come high out of his hand then I’m gonna sell out on a high sinker. But if it comes out a little lower then I’m assuming it’ll be a slider low and away. I just anticipate a sinker every pitch so that I’m on time for it and react to the offspeed

understood

SDS

@Exotic_Combs said in High Sinker/Fastball:

Pretty much the Show 20 right there.

SDS

The high sinker is good against anyone, such a glitchy/op pitch since 2019.