I've changed my mind about the DH

SDS

Normally I'm a guy who would, at any opportunity, yell "[censored] THE DH", but recently after seeing our homestand, I enjoyed the DH for 3 reasons.

1. Our pitchers were able to go deeper than usual.
  2. We didn't lose any AB's
  3. Trevor Story got to DH and during long stretches without a break, being able to go out there and just worry about swinging your bat has to be a huge relief.

So I here by state my opinion, un-f*ck the DH.

SDS

Yeah same here, I was hesitant about it, but honestly it's something I'm already used to, it doesn't seem weird at all

SDS

@eatyum said in I've changed my mind about the DH:

Yeah same here, I was hesitant about it, but honestly it's something I'm already used to, it doesn't seem weird at all

Agree.

SDS

It also just creates more opportunities for players either trying to extend their careers or players trying to break into the lineup but are blocked at a position by a star or something. I think it can only be a good thing for the sport.

SDS

@JellyRoll198 said in I've changed my mind about the DH:

It also just creates more opportunities for players either trying to extend their careers or players trying to break into the lineup but are blocked at a position by a star or something. I think it can only be a good thing for the sport.

Roughly 648 more meaningful at bats in a season. That's huge.

SDS

DH is better. Doesn’t involve strategy but is more fun

SDS

@olivegarden2 said in I've changed my mind about the DH:

DH is better. Doesn’t involve strategy but is more fun

I just like the fact our starters go longer.