I am not that good. Let's just start there. I will admit to recently losing a Moonshot event 19-1. So... I'm not that good. But, I don't quit, and I love this game, warts and all.
I just played a RS game. My rating going into the game was in the 460's. So yeah... not great.
I'm playing mainly to get affinity points and daily rewards (innings with the Reds, and 4 RBI's). The guy I'm playing is probably better than I am. He's mowing me down with 100 MPH fastballs that I put weakly into play. Heading into the bottom of the 6th, I'm down 8-1. Every home run he hits, he replays it. Whatever. I need my innings and the odd RBI here and there. I scratch across runs in the 6th and 7th, and hit a 3 run HR in the bottom of the 8th to make it respectable, 8-6. In the top of the 9th, he hits a 2 run shot with Jackson a mile, off of Fingers. Again, the replay. Again... whatever.
I come up in the bottom of the 9th, down 10-6. He makes the move to a relief pitcher, and starts throwing breaking pitches. Here's what happened:
- Posey hit to right for a single
- Dietrich doubles to left (need my Red's innings)
- Correa fielders choice, 1-2. Runners on 1st and 2nd
- Larkin lines to LF for a single (Reds again)
- Anderson lines to right for a single. Dietrich scores. 10-7.
- Justin Turner batting. Opponent brings in Kirby Yates. Hangs a slider down the middle. Turner hits a 353 wall scraper to left. Final 11-10.
I will probably never do this again. But for this 450's-ish player, it was fun.