Rant about Pitcher Confidence

SDS

I am a supporter of pitcher confidence - I think it's good that pitchers who are on a roll get a boost. But it's too powerful and needs to be toned down. There shouldn't be a forcefield effect where guys with high per 9s can just pipe pitches. I just lost a game 1-0 against Hal and only struck out 3 times. 2 PPs, probably 10 Good Goods. It's not like I was having trouble with my PCI - the pitches were mostly right down the middle.

SDS

If the pitches were right down the middle, how was his confidence keeping you from hitting them?

SDS

Yeah confidence is bs. It shouldn’t affect hit result

SDS

@GixxerRyder750 said in Rant about Pitcher Confidence:

If the pitches were right down the middle, how was his confidence keeping you from hitting them?

I was. Towering flys to the warning track. Rockets to the corner infielders and outfielders. Only mustered 3 hits all game. Did I have my fair share of bad swings? Sure. But there’s definitely times when facing guys with high per 9s where you can’t get a hit no matter what. Even when they’re piped down the middle.

SDS

I think it's good albeit powerful as it gives you a chance for skill to reward good ABs and shaky pitching against any pitcher.

SDS

It should affect location and, maybe, break/movement. A pitcher feeling confident should be able to hit his spots and maybe he’s getting a lot of movement on his pitches (coming out of the hand really well IRL). It shouldn’t have anything to do with the hitter’s ability or contact result. And why can’t a hitter have confidence?