Whose on your bench and why?

SDS

Asking to improve my game. My bench is Biggio for hitting and pinch-running slow catchers late in the game. Mantle, Trout. Locastro for pinch-running and Happ for infielders.

SDS

The only card that never leaves my bench is Mondesi Flashback POTM 85 OVR. That's because he can pinch run, steal a base and stay in 7 different positions and not hurt you if he has to hit again. I also keep Santana most of the time because he can play catcher first or third. I like versatility on my bench.

SDS

I’d get rid of Locastro.

There’s plenty of speed guys that can actually hit too.

POTM Mondesi, Henderson, etc.

SDS

I have 86 Brendan Rodgers, 85 Pete Alonso, 85 Dwight Smith Jr. Players League, 85 Gavin Lux Players League, 85 Curtis Granderson.
For one, these are my only other Diamonds. I use Alonso for pinch hitting, Rodgers for contact, Granderson for speed and bunting. I haven't used Smith and Lux yet.
@over50beatdown One question. Who do you have playing instead of Trout?

SDS

My bench consits of
Joey Gallo FOTF - big power
Adalberto Mondesi - POTM - almost always gets on base
Gleyber Torres - FOTF - he just hits
Christian Yellich - another power bat
And I sometimes sub Luis Robert in there for speed.

SDS

FOTF Torres for RH power
POTM Dietrich for LH Power
Alomar for when I need any hit from either side
POTM Mondesi for speed and when I need a hit
POTM Didi just because (was using him until I unlocked Correa, now trying him)

SDS

Minoso— PH against a leftie
Reggie J — power PH against righties
My CAP
Alex kiroff — another power PH against righties
Tramell — PH/PR

SDS

Evolution Ivan Rodriguez-backup catcher in case I need to pinch run for my starter.
FS Vidal Brujan-switch hitting speedster
Derek Dietrich-power lefty bat
Willie McCovey-power lefty bat
Heliot Ramos-well balanced backup outfielder. Righty.

SDS

99 Posey
McCovey
Yelich
Prestige Chipper
Lil Bru (Vidal Brujan)

SDS

@jz2016cubs said in Whose on your bench and why?:

I have 86 Brendan Rodgers, 85 Pete Alonso, 85 Dwight Smith Jr. Players League, 85 Gavin Lux Players League, 85 Curtis Granderson.
For one, these are my only other Diamonds. I use Alonso for pinch hitting, Rodgers for contact, Granderson for speed and bunting. I haven't used Smith and Lux yet.
@over50beatdown One question. Who do you have playing instead of Trout?

I use Trout as a PH while I rotate teams for Conquest to grind Affinity, CAP innings and adjust to All-Star pitching; Trout often bails me out of tie ball games in late innings. This is my first year on MLB; I need to learn/improve my game before I jump into RS and complete Events.

SDS

@DriveByTrucker17 said in Whose on your bench and why?:

I’d get rid of Locastro.

There’s plenty of speed guys that can actually hit too.

POTM Mondesi, Henderson, etc.

I'm convinced; firing Locastro and hiring Mondesi! Henderson is my next choice when I unlock his pack.

SDS

@FightingPossum24 said in Whose on your bench and why?:

The only card that never leaves my bench is Mondesi Flashback POTM 85 OVR. That's because he can pinch run, steal a base and stay in 7 different positions and not hurt you if he has to hit again. I also keep Santana most of the time because he can play catcher first or third. I like versatility on my bench.

Clearly I need to grind for this card NOW! Thanks

SDS

Soto
Yelich
FotF turner (platoon for giambi and LHP killer for late in game)
Larkin (just prefer the FotF Correa for some reason)
FotF santana (switch hitting late catcher if I need to pinch run posey)

SDS

Deitrich and Ortiz for lefty bats, Gleyber and JD Martinez for righty bats. Mondesi for speed.

My starting 8 has enough versatility I can move them around and more than adequately fill any hole I create with my bench.

SDS

POTM Mondesi
POTM Dietrich
Players League Gallo
POTM Correa/Gregorius (whoever isn't starting)
Posada (switch hitting pinch hitter/backup catcher)

SDS

Gary Sanchez, Shane Victorino, Joe Carter, Hanley Ramirez, Duke Snider.