That’s all I see in Ranked Seasons anymore the same nine switch hitters over and over again. I honestly don’t even know why SDS bothers to release batters that aren’t switch hitters, no one ever uses them.
MarinerMatt01_PSN
Posts
-
-
Considering everyone usually using coors field or some other high elevation field and that every online game doesn’t even go 9 innings most of the time. Home field advantage doesn’t matter as much as you want it to. This is a video game not real life.
Your theory on home hunting is you have less lag as the home team. Meaning your opponent, as the road team, is going to have more lag. This gives the home team a major real life competitive advantage. Besides, if home hunting doesn’t provide “that big of an advantage” than why even do it in the first place?
-
Home hunting is not a reportable offense or “wrong” by any means. I think you just need to enjoy the game and stop looking for things to batch about
IIt is a reportable offense as it allows a user to exploit a connection issue to gain an advantage (stadium, last at bats, utilizing cards with home field quirks, less latency than opponents, among others), violating the terms of service. It is absolutely wrong, but considering you’ve played your last 8 online games at home, I get why you’ve been so defensive
-
Just matched up against a guy who has played 19 online home games in a row. The odds of this occurring naturally are roughly 1 in 524,288, so I’m pretty sure he’s home hunting. I won anyways, guy was awful. Threw the sinker 60% of the time and the cutter another 30% no matter the pitcher and swung at everything. The game was at Shippett and on All Star difficulty so i was still a little nervous because anything could happen. Should I report or just take the win and move on? Hate how exploits and cheating are still a thing this late in the game cycle.
-
@SkunkyTrees7615_XBL [censored] Allen was arguably the biggest [censored] in Phillies history but quite a few Dicks have worn a MLB uniform. Hall of Fame manager [censored] Williams for example always helped his team rise to the occasion when facing stiff competition, and shortstop [censored] Schofield played really hard as well.

Ironically, [censored] Williams had a reputation for blowing his team’s record
-
The casuals have moved on to CFB, Madden, NBA, etc. the only players left are the goons or the trolls that just want to watch the world burn. Ranked online is fun, but hardly anyone plays it so if you want to play a nine inning game you’re forced into Diamond Dynasty. Such a miserable experience for this of us who just want to play a somewhat normal, somewhat chill game of baseball
-
Too bad it’s not 2019
-
Turn off vibrations lol. It's in options
I’ve noticed my controller lagging while using pinpoint pitching in certain situation, causing me to hang the occasional gopher ball. Could this be an issue with the force feedback, or a connection issue?
-
This has probably been the earliest in the year I’ve given up on a Show title, but here I am. All switch hit lineups. A massive cheating problem. Broken cards. Check swings. An incredibly frustrating and unenjoyable online experience. Fixing it would involve a massive change in coding that isn’t feasible to implement this year. I’d hold out hope for next year’s game but 26 has become an even more extreme version of 25, so I’m not holding my breath that 27 will be any different. Online rated outside of DD is still fun, but a ghost town. Offline is ok, but that’s not where the money is so it has become stale and boring. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still play it, I love baseball and I have nothing better to do, but my passion for the game has been replaced by frustration over how this once great game has really fallen.
-
@MarinerMatt01_PSN you are looking at the top rated players. And i dont mind seeing 400 averages, it’s of a game and should be fun and higher scoring than real baseball. But 400 averages are far from the norm trust me. Anyone with over a combined 300 batting average is a good player in this game. No one wants to sit in a 9 inning game every other game with 2 to 1 scores. Striking out 10 times a game, with a combined 5 hits. Id rather watch paint dry if that was the case. Making pitching even more dominating is a bad idea. They already changed the strike zone because of posts like this
I’m sorry, but that’s baseball. I get that the majority of the player base doesn’t care about pitching and would rather mash x and play slo pitch softball but some us enjoy the art of pitching and would like to play a somewhat realistic baseball game
-
MarinerMatt01_PSN said:
@MarinerMatt01_PSN How about addressing the actual problem?
-
@MarinerMatt01_PSN How about addressing the actual problem?
I’m all for whatever gets people away from using the same eight switch hitters every game.
Though we clearly disagree here, we are both longtime memebers of the community and I appreciate your postsWhat would your solution be?
-
I don’t blame people I blame SDS. Switch hitters get an inherent advantage AND were made to be higher rated cards than all the others. Even if you don’t know of the bonuses, you would likely take the card with higher stats anyway. Most of the switch hitters have higher stats than their replacements.
They needed some lefty and righty hitters to be the higher rated cards in programs to counter it but it just wouldn’t have pushed the end collections the same way.
Could have easily made Granderson the highest card or Realmuto, but of course it was Happ. Could have made the CityScape collection Jeter or Ortiz. Had to be mantle. Could have made the flashback spotlight anyone. Had to be Chipper. Weekend classic rewards…switch hitters.
Agree with you here. Incentiving players away from so many switch hitters would’ve been a good middle ground solution without imposing a limit or nerfing switch hitter cards
-
I knew this would be an unpopular post and I’m aware I’m in the minority here, but [censored], I miss the days where every game wasn’t a 10-9 slugfest against the same eight switch hitters.
-
@MarinerMatt01_PSN hitting is not ahead of pitching. What is with this sentiment? Hitting is hard bro for most of the player base. Now sinkers and change ups are also causing shrinkage. Not just sliders. Making a post on here stating hitting is way ahead of pitching. Thats non sense. Everyone for the most part knows how to pitch. Not even close to everyone can aim a pci, and time the swing and deal with shrinkage as well, on top of trying to hit on bad servers. Then even on top of that great input seems to be a coin flip on whether it’s even a hit or not. Just stop it! Irrelevant post. Irks me smh. I think you got my point.
-
Look at the ratings of the hitting cards and the pitching cards. More higher rated hitters, especially when you look at bullpen cards
-
Look at the ERAs and averages for ranked season players. It’s absurd, a lot of ERAs in the 8s and averages in the .370s
-
This is based on my experience with the game especially lately. Your experience may differ.
-
-
No lineup variation anymore. Every team I play against has at least seven of them. A lot of foul balls and high averages when your opponent can just negate same side penalties. And don’t give me the argument that there shouldn’t be a rule against switch hitters because MLB doesn’t have one. While MLB does not have a rule specifically against a lineup of all switch hitters, they have a bunch of different rules that make fielding an all switch hit lineup infeasible. Roster limits, the fact that switch hitting is hard and there’s not enough out there. The inability to freely choose the nine best switch hitters of all time to put in ones lineup every day like The Show players do.
This is a competitive balance issue, and with the hitting cards so far ahead of the pitching cards already, makes it very tough to get anyone out.
-
@Graeves-_PSN Limiting switch hitters is like putting a bandaid on an amputated limb. How about fixing the root of the problem?
Preaching to the choir, I don't see a need to limit switch hitters.
IRL MLB doesn't have that rule, neither should a MLB video game IMO.IRL MLB has a 25 man active roster limit and teams don’t have access to every single player in the league to insert into their lineup.
I don’t know if a cap is the solution, but something needs to be done. Tired of facing all switch hitter lineups
-
Very next game I play after this, very first pitch I throw is a change up in the dirt, which is hit over the wall for a homer. Had several animations fail to lock in and had a bases loaded rally killer when my runner decided to just stop in the middle of the bases during what should’ve been a game tying single. Quit in the third when I was getting demolished again. Looked at my opponents stats after the game. He’s slashing 393/416/869 and has an era of 11.71 through 45 games. I’m I just getting unlucky with this constrant stream of gooms and horrible gameplay or is this how the game is this year?
-
Can’t get anyone out anymore. Every opponent I’ve been matched up against has an average in the .400s and an ERA in the 7.00s. Been losing a lot of games 9-5, 10-6, 7-5. Everone just times it up and swings at anything. Doesn’t matter the location and they connect. I’m putting perfect releases in the dirt and the pitch is floating over the plate for a homer. Seems like the players and the devs don’t care much about pitching as the hitting cards are so far ahead. I rely on my pitching and am just getting my brains bashed in in this high scoring environment. Man I hope some better pitching comes on Friday.
-
Everyone can complain about a game they haven’t even played yet in other threads. This thread is for the pimps who are STOKED for tonight! I have a half day at work tomorrow, and then I have the next week off. Even sloths are going to be impressed by how infrequently I move off the couch between now and Monday, March 23.
Looking forward to starting some new conquest maps. If I can spare the 300 stubs, I’ll also complete the White Sox LS.
First thing, though — gotta go to the batting stance creator to make sure my favorite players are still in the game. I haven’t watched every stream, but I don’t think I’ve seen confirmation on Frank Thomas, Rod Carew, George Brett, Tony Gwynn, Brooks Robinson, or Luis Aparicio.
Let’s goooooooooooo!
Good to see you again, man! Jealous you have the week off, I have to start my grind between shifts at work, but who needs sleep anyways. Welcome back all!
All Switch Hitters All the Time
19 home games in a row
19 home games in a row
19 home games in a row
88% chance of getting [censored] Allen and they played me
I hate this time of year
I JUST PULLED A MIKE TROUT!!!
Vibration when about to pitch in certain locations
Diamond Dynasty is cooked this year
Something needs to be done about all the switch hitters
Something needs to be done about all the switch hitters
Something needs to be done about all the switch hitters
Something needs to be done about all the switch hitters
Something needs to be done about all the switch hitters
Something needs to be done about all the switch hitters
Something needs to be done about all the switch hitters
Ranked Needs a cap on switch hitters
Getting my brains bashed in
Getting my brains bashed in
LET’S GOOOOOOOO!!