Ranked suspicions
-
Sony has had made a lot of enemies over the past year for various reasons outside of this game.
People cheating in videogames (which may or may not be what is happening here) has nothing to do with people irrationally upset over anything Sony did. DDoS attack yes, but not cheating.
-
Sometimes its the connection - mine has been super laggy last two days (and it is never laggy). Every other pitch warps - you literally cant throw high fastballs because they warp into the middle almost every time. Your timing is way off on swings and you cant fix it, because the lag varies every pitch.
-
Pitchers get easier to hit as the game goes on and if you aren't mixing up your pitches you can become much easier to hit. Its much more likely that you just became easier to figure out then anything nefarious going on.
-
One other thing I notice when I’m hitting is that I know I’m all over the ball some games , but get nerfed exit velos until the game allows for me to get rewarded and I score a lot.
I think it’s a combination of pitcher confidence, momentum and the game script.
-
While there are people cheating, sometimes this just happens. I’ve literally gotten shut down for 5 innings and then go nuts and score 10 runs in the 6th.
Or on the flip side I’ll score 7 or so in the first and end with 8. It just happens.
-
This is one of the problems with SDS' inability (or unwillingness) to deal with the cheating issue.
It undermines peoples faith in the integrity of the game and leads them to go straight to 'he's a cheat' when they have a bad run.I know there is some level of copium involved in that from a user perspective, but i believe it would be far less prevalent if people had faith in the integrity of the game.
Btw fwiw, i've never encountered a cheater.
-
This is one of the problems with SDS' inability (or unwillingness) to deal with the cheating issue.
It undermines peoples faith in the integrity of the game and leads them to go straight to 'he's a cheat' when they have a bad run.I know there is some level of copium involved in that from a user perspective, but i believe it would be far less prevalent if people had faith in the integrity of the game.
Btw fwiw, i've never encountered a cheater.
I get your point, and you aren't wrong, but even if the cheating issue was dealt with people would still be coming up with conspiracy theories about why they lost. We see it on here on a daily basis.
-
@Pergo_MLBTS Yeah, I know many struggle to cope with losing and it frustrates me seeing such posts regularly, but I firmly believe it's made far worse due to lack of action against cheaters.
-
Maybe in some cases but I don't think you can't totally say that a portion of the cheating isn't some small pokes and jabs at Sony. I mean since SDS is s subsidiary of Sony. Gamers can be pretty petty and spiteful.
-
The hitting cheats are pretty rare, but I do think people that have the GameStop cheat devices that are 50-100 bucks have downloaded the pitching cheats.
A lot of guys around the 700-1000 ranks that can’t hit very well, but magically are able to locate the ball on the outside of the zone barely touching regularly.
I’m not talking about one bear down pitch an at bat.