• Categories
  • Popular
  • Dev Tracker
Skins
  • Default (The Show 26)
  • No Skin
  • The Show 23
  • Dark
  • The Show 24
  • The Show 25
  • The Show 26
Collapse
THESHOW.COM
Game Games Support Support My Account My Account

Community Forum

Hitting Moments

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Diamond Dynasty
21 Posts 14 Posters 3.9k Views
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • NotesOfJohn_PSNN global:{posts.user.status}
    NotesOfJohn_PSNN global:{posts.user.status}
    NotesOfJohn_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #5

    @samguenther1987_PSN That sucks, mate.

    I enjoy the challenge of moment when they're not mandatory, just wish they'd plan them a bit better.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • markemark_NSWM global:{posts.user.status}
    markemark_NSWM global:{posts.user.status}
    markemark_NSW
    wrote last edited by markemark_NSW
    #6

    I avoid moments when I can. Unfortunately they are mandatory for a lot of programs. I guess SDS doesn’t believe in repeatable missions anymore. I hope when the extreme program comes out there will be a repeatable element. I really liked the repeatable extreme mini seasons with vouchers that you could redeem for extreme program progress (I think that was ‘24).

    nymets1987_PSNN 1 Reply Last reply
    3
  • nymets1987_PSNN global:{posts.user.status}
    nymets1987_PSNN global:{posts.user.status}
    nymets1987_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #7

    @markemark_NSW said:

    I avoid moments when I can. Unfortunately they are mandatory for a lot of programs. I guess SDS doesn’t believe in repeatable missions anymore. I hope when the extreme program comes out there will be a repeatable element. I really liked the repeatable extreme mini seasons with vouchers that you could redeem for extreme program progress (I think that was ‘24).

    Oh how I miss repeatable missions

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
  • NotesOfJohn_PSNN global:{posts.user.status}
    NotesOfJohn_PSNN global:{posts.user.status}
    NotesOfJohn_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #8

    There were a couple of doozies today.

    That Ben Rice 3 hit moment is some nasty work.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • Zooropa_Returns_PSNZ global:{posts.user.status}
    Zooropa_Returns_PSNZ global:{posts.user.status}
    Zooropa_Returns_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #9

    Strike out the side is a stupid thing to require. Time sink

    rubicante23_PSNR 1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • rubicante23_PSNR global:{posts.user.status}
    rubicante23_PSNR global:{posts.user.status}
    rubicante23_PSN
    wrote last edited by rubicante23_PSN
    #10

    @Zooropa_Returns_PSN meh, less of a time sink than many home run moments. Cpu strikes out so easily.

    I agree that cpu pitching can be annoying with balls and perfect dots - but can we fix cpu hitting too? Like, even on hof or legend, cpu is awful at hitting - doesnt swing at pitches that any human would swing at, hardly ever makes hard contact at pitches on the corners (especially change ups low corner). It feels like cpu hitting was changed years ago to just be mindless idiots because people wanted easy grinding....but thats really boring.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • skywalker_25_PSNS global:{posts.user.status}
    skywalker_25_PSNS global:{posts.user.status}
    skywalker_25_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #11

    This has become my biggest pet peeve in moments. Please SDS, let us be able to control the baserunners.
    3 times I failed that Sam Antonacci mission because the guy at second wouldn't go home.

    1 Reply Last reply
    3
  • Jeff7407_PSNJ global:{posts.user.status}
    Jeff7407_PSNJ global:{posts.user.status}
    Jeff7407_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #12

    @NotesOfJohn_PSN said:

    @MarioMendoza935_XBL Haha yeah I had 4 or 5 fade at the track but thankfully hit a homer my next at bat.

    It'll give a few heartburn with 81 power against Soto needing to get three runs home.

    That and I’m pretty sure the “actual” play from that moment was a single to right and an error on the right fielder to allow the third run to score. Why am I being asked to do more than Soto did in that moment?

    TripleH-4481_PSNT 1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • TripleH-4481_PSNT global:{posts.user.status}
    TripleH-4481_PSNT global:{posts.user.status}
    TripleH-4481_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #13

    @Jeff7407_PSN

    All of them suck considering how many hittable strikes the CPU throws and the super dots are maxed out. Just feels like a huge time sink that isn’t actually playing the game.

    1 Reply Last reply
    2
  • SQT18_XBLS global:{posts.user.status}
    SQT18_XBLS global:{posts.user.status}
    SQT18_XBL
    wrote last edited by
    #14

    Yeah, this is [censored]. In the last few days, there are 43 required moments. At 2-3 minutes a piece, that's two hours. Screw that. I've completed every program this year. Doubt I'll finish now.

    For me moments are a boring waste of time. I get some people like them but I don't. I avoid them whenever I can and just complete the other tasks. Especially the annoying ones with three hits or strike out the side. If SDS is attempting to suck actual enjoyment out of the game, congrats.

    I don't mind skipping moments and waiting to get the card after a reasonable mission grind. Like the current Spotlight series. 10,000 XP, 30 hits with IF, ect isn't a layup but at least it's earned by playing the game. This is just a chore.

    NotesOfJohn_PSNN 1 Reply Last reply
    4
  • NotesOfJohn_PSNN global:{posts.user.status}
    NotesOfJohn_PSNN global:{posts.user.status}
    NotesOfJohn_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #15

    @SQT18_XBL said:

    Yeah, this is [censored]. In the last few days, there are 43 required moments. At 2-3 minutes a piece, that's two hours. Screw that. I've completed every program this year. Doubt I'll finish now.

    It is pretty egregious.
    Some of them are ridiculous, too, given how the pitching is programed.

    Happy to be corrected, but aside from the Cornerstone programs I can't remember any other mandatory moments this year, but suddenly they're putting them into most programs.

    That's one way to push gameplay times up, I guess.

    Whilst my game is broken and XP is not counting i won't be doing much at all, but I do wish SDS would be more mindful of these things, especially when they suddenly make them mandatory to complete a program.

    1 Reply Last reply
    2
  • Pergo_MLBTSP global:{posts.user.status}
    Pergo_MLBTSP global:{posts.user.status}
    Pergo_MLBTS
    wrote last edited by
    #16

    In general I don't really like Moments either, and skip them when I can. But these were still just as easy as usual. I think the only one that took me more than a few tries was the Contreras one for some reason. You'll usually get at least one, if not more, meatballs in each at bat but I just kept missing them with him.

    I wish they had been able to have the SD crowd chanting "Holy Sheets" during his moment. That would have been amazing.

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
  • NotesOfJohn_PSNN global:{posts.user.status}
    NotesOfJohn_PSNN global:{posts.user.status}
    NotesOfJohn_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #17

    Everyone has a different experience, but for me, some of these have been particularly egregious.

    Even innocuous looking ones like the Edgar Martinez moment.
    On face value one hit and two RBI looks okay, until you see that you need to drive The Kid in from first, so not only do you need at least a double, it needs to be very very deep, all with 71 power.

    platewelder_363_PSNP 1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • SQT18_XBLS global:{posts.user.status}
    SQT18_XBLS global:{posts.user.status}
    SQT18_XBL
    wrote last edited by
    #18

    I usually have very little trouble with moments when I do attempt them. Maybe it's just mental because I'm frustrated by being forced into them, but every one is taking a lot more tries than I'm used to.

    Everything is a hard deep fly ball. Every at bat is multiple ball well out of the zone. I can't believe they programmed this expecting it to be enjoyable. It has to be some strange social experiment in self induced pain.

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
  • samguenther1987_PSNS global:{posts.user.status}
    samguenther1987_PSNS global:{posts.user.status}
    samguenther1987_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #19

    Santander, 10 balls off the top of the wall, countless perfeft perfect hits, finally got it on the 35th attempt no joke.

    Could you maybe make hitting a bit more difficult SDS?

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • TheGoaler_PSNT global:{posts.user.status}
    TheGoaler_PSNT global:{posts.user.status}
    TheGoaler_PSN
    wrote last edited by TheGoaler_PSN
    #20

    Glad I got the Ben Rice one, and the strike out the side one on my first try!
    The Tatis Jr. one took a few tries, until I got a hanging 'Slide-piece' and hammered it like a Side piece!

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
  • platewelder_363_PSNP global:{posts.user.status}
    platewelder_363_PSNP global:{posts.user.status}
    platewelder_363_PSN
    wrote last edited by
    #21

    @NotesOfJohn_PSN exactly all while Michael Fulmer suddenly turns into prime Greg Maddox! It’s ridiculous. I’m at 40 restarts and counting.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0

X Instagram Facebook YouTube Twitch Discord TikTok
Major League Baseball Players Association Major League Baseball Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation Studios San Diego Studio ESRB ESRB Certificate
Terms of Use Privacy Policy TheShow.com Community Code of Conduct MLB The Show Online Code of Conduct MLB The Show Games

“PlayStation Family Mark”, “PlayStation”, “PlayStation Studios logo”, “PS5 Logo”, and “Play Has No Limits” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. ©2026 Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. MLB and MiLB trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com and MiLB.com. Officially Licensed Product of MLB Players, Inc. MLBPA trademarks, copyrighted works and other intellectual property rights are owned and/or held by MLBPA and may not be used without the written consent of MLBPA or MLB Players, Inc. Visit MLBPLAYERS.com, the Players Choice on the web. The Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, Inc., as applicable. Visit the official website of the Hall of Fame at BaseballHall.org. Official Licensee-Major League Alumni Marketing, Inc. © MLAM. Officially Licensed by the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, Inc. Kansas City, MO. Stubs is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

  • Login

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Popular
  • Dev Tracker
  • Login

  • Login or register to search.