New Event rewards

SDS

I see there is a new event coming on Friday for milestones and TN. Since the 4 part event will be over and there is a brand new one coming out, will they add new event rewards? Judging by the wording on the schedule, I don't think so as BR and RS both specified new rewards and this one doesn't. I realize I may have just answered my own question, but I tend to be wrong a lot so anyone wanna weigh in? New event rewards or sticking with Ricky, Bert and the rewind packs?

Thanks.

SDS

New rewards

SDS

New event = new rewards

SDS

@hikes83_psn said in New Event rewards:

New event = new rewards

Sweet, any guesses on who might be the event rewards this time around?

SDS

98 finest Brad Hand

SDS

If we are wishcasting for next Event Reward then I really need last years 99 Postseason Corey Seager back in my life!

SDS

@rosborn27_psn said in New Event rewards:

If we are wishcasting for next Event Reward then I really need last years 99 Postseason Corey Seager back in my life!

Absolutely agree! Would be amazing

SDS

Uh oh. Milestone pitchers and TN players. Guess I'm grinding out those TN Moments.

SDS

still waiting for the true GOAT Raul Mondesi Jr POTM card. Games cycle almost over and still nothing but we sure get a bunch of Roberto Perez cards instead. 😞

SDS

@raider52morrison said in New Event rewards:

still waiting for the true GOAT Raul Mondesi Jr POTM card. Games cycle almost over and still nothing but we sure get a bunch of Roberto Perez cards instead. 😞

Come on SDS get this done.

SDS

Do they usually have legends? I think they had the two big Finest cards Baez and Rendon but otherwise it's been legends right? I honestly have no clue, I just bought them all, never played events. For long enough.

SDS

So apparently Freddie is getting a new Topps Now card as it was called out yesterday on MLB Network. Wondering if they use that as the Event Reward since he needs a 99 and they could give Finest to Riley. Fits the event’s theme but rarely are the Event Rewards that logical….

SDS

I guess having a Signature series card doesnt necessarily mean it's that players highest rated card now.

SDS

@poksey_mlbts said in New Event rewards:

I guess having a Signature series card doesnt necessarily mean it's that players highest rated card now.

It still does, this new Eck card is a starter. Similar to Smoltz last year

SDS

@the_dragon1912 said in New Event rewards:

Sooo...they still are higher rated cards though? I think this gives SDS the option of creating even more 99s with Milestone cards over Prime/Sig/Awards. They obviously want more 99s for diversity reasons, and this gives them a possibility that they didnt have previously.

SDS

Sooo...they still are higher rated cards though? I think this gives SDS the option of creating even more 99s with Milestone cards over Prime/Sig/Awards. They obviously want more 99s for diversity reasons, and this gives them a possibility that they didnt have previously.

I mean milestones are in the same category as sig/prime/awards. You get any of those 4 series and its your highest card of that specific year, unless 1 is a starter and 1 is a reliever. Is basically what I'm saying. Eck won't ever get 2 of any of those 4 series in the same year as a reliever

Also to add, signature hasn't always been the best of the 4 series. For some guys it is (Vlad, Larry Walker). For some guys Awards is the best(Chipper, Foxx, Frank). For a select few prime is the best(Basically just Honus, Joe Morgan, and Cobb).

SDS

I mean milestones are in the same category as sig/prime/awards. You get any of those 4 series and its your highest card of that specific year, unless 1 is a starter and 1 is a reliever. Is basically what I'm saying. Eck won't ever get 2 of any of those 4 series in the same year as a reliever

Also to add, signature hasn't always been the best of the 4 series. For some guys it is (Vlad, Larry Walker). For some guys Awards is the best(Chipper, Foxx, Frank). For a select few prime is the best(Basically just Honus, Joe Morgan, and Cobb).

I never said I thought Sig was highest. My comment was that the consensus believed that once a player received one of either Sig/Awards/Prime/Milestone, that was their highest card they were going to get.

Seeing how they can be used, I believe it's possible that someone could still get a higher rated Milestone card over any of the other three card types.

SDS

I never said I thought Sig was highest. My comment was that the consensus believed that once a player received one of either Sig/Awards/Prime/Milestone, that was their highest card they were going to get.

Seeing how they can be used, I believe it's possible that someone could still get a higher rated Milestone card over any of the other three card types.

They could, I just don't see it happening in the same season unless its a starter/reliever or Ohtani. For example, I'm not sure Soriano would get a 99 in any way but the 40/40 milestone, but they won't release say a 97 signature series and the milestone in the same year

SDS

Oh, wow. ANOTHER Eckersley. Sigh. Please sign more legends.

I want DAN QUISENBERY DAMMIT.

SDS

They could, I just don't see it happening in the same season unless its a starter/reliever or Ohtani. For example, I'm not sure Soriano would get a 99 in any way but the 40/40 milestone, but they won't release say a 97 signature series and the milestone in the same year

So like AJ Burnett. He has a Prime card, you dont think it's possible they also give him a no hitter Milestone card? Stargell has a 96 Awards card, but couldn't they give him a Milestone card for 475 HRs or 1500 RBI?

I'm looking at this as a way for them to infuse even more 99 rated cards than they already have.