Lefty grove

SDS

So I’ve now faced him twice and scored 2 runs each time. I’ll take that. He’s hard to hit.

But the game just now I lost fair and square 6-2 but Lefty went 130 something pitches and was still about 40% and solid green. What is that?

The point of making them work is to get the starter out. When they going to fix this?

SDS

He played before relief pitchers existed

SDS

He’s got 125 stamina and he played in an era when it was uncommon to go 14 innings.

SDS

Nolan Ryan once threw 235 pitches in a game, Robin Roberts through a 17 inning CG, Leon Cadore and Joe Oeschger pitched 26 innings each in 1920. Different era, pitchers would just keep throwing. Also as already mentioned, bullpens weren’t what they are today.

SDS

It makes sense for old time pitchers, when DeGrom does it though it’s a little crazy.

SDS

If you haven’t faced Lefty yet btw. He’s annoying. That inside slider. Urgh.

SDS

@lewisnadasurf1_psn said in Lefty grove:

So I’ve now faced him twice and scored 2 runs each time. I’ll take that. He’s hard to hit.

But the game just now I lost fair and square 6-2 but Lefty went 130 something pitches and was still about 40% and solid green. What is that?

The point of making them work is to get the starter out. When they going to fix this?

That’s why he has 120 stamina. A starter with mid 90’s stamina can still throw a legit 110 pitches before he becomes ineffective.