Before last roster update i bought 150 musgroves because i was convinced he would go diamond.he didn’t go diamond, and he recently had a horrible outing allowing 6 runs in 5 innings. do i sell all the cards and take my L, or should i hold onto him?
Depends on the margins. What price did you buy them for and are you losing stubs if you sell them now? If you are, I would hold onto them unless you desperately need the stubs.
For example, I invested in a gold player who might go diamond as well. I have about 510 cards. I bought them super cheap, so at worst I will quick sell all the dupes for a 50K loss. I don't care one bit about 50K. But the upside is 2 million stubs. So I'm just holding on unless he really gets in a slump and might go silver, which I doubt will happen.
i'd say if he gets up to 3-4K sell him, dont wait for him to go diamond. As of now he's low enough where you might as well hold
Depends what you bought him for.. do you need them stubs right now? I could see them bumping him the last update of the regular season if he isn’t by then(unless he goes completely the other way). BUT if you bought him at a good price you can sell those cards the day of the next roster update. People will continue to anticipate him getting the bump, so you can sell off when he’s up right before they release it.