Contact swings takes away all the fun in RS especially pitching

SDS

I love pitching and the rewarding feeling when you're consistently able to nail those corners. But when your opponent is literally contact swinging on every pitch, it just turns the game into "can I make you chase balls a foot out of the strikezone" every pitch or else it's getting MASHED. I know SDS has to have received infinite amounts of complaints and they are definitely valid.

Oh well looks like we're stuck with this shitty gameplay in RS cause I doubt it's getting fixed.

SDS

Pitching is very low skill in this game tho.

SDS

I'm finding these guys who contact swing, you can stretch the zone a LOT and they'll think they can hit it. So that's seriously dampened their "talents" with the contact swing. Stretch the zone, watch them continue to swing. Yes they'll get on, but no it won't be a 46 hit rally of 60mph bloopers. It keeps you in the game. If your stick skills are good, you can combat it with being patient and sticking with a normal swing and watching balls fly over the fence.

SDS

@sheyworth_xbl said in Contact swings takes away all the fun in RS especially pitching:

I'm finding these guys who contact swing, you can stretch the zone a LOT and they'll think they can hit it. So that's seriously dampened their "talents" with the contact swing. Stretch the zone, watch them continue to swing. Yes they'll get on, but no it won't be a 46 hit rally of 60mph bloopers. It keeps you in the game. If your stick skills are good, you can combat it with being patient and sticking with a normal swing and watching balls fly over the fence.

Agreed but it also keeps your opponent in the batters box by tipping pitches he would normally swing and miss on

SDS

I wonder why we even have a batters box if guys can hit homers 6 inches in any direction. The idea of pitching is to paint corners but if you try to do that you’ll get every ball drove or foul tipped

SDS

@speedy44_psn said in Contact swings takes away all the fun in RS especially pitching:

I wonder why we even have a batters box if guys can hit homers 6 inches in any direction. The idea of pitching is to paint corners but if you try to do that you’ll get every ball drove or foul tipped

You ever notice that the inner PCI is perfectly lined up with the paint when you move it all the way in a direction? Paint pitches are easy to hit. Just slam the PCI and time it lol. Not how it should be though. They need to make it where you can overcorrect so it’s not so easy to barrel it up.

SDS

@t-rox_09_mlbts said in Contact swings takes away all the fun in RS especially pitching:

@sheyworth_xbl said in Contact swings takes away all the fun in RS especially pitching:

Agreed but it also keeps your opponent in the batters box by tipping pitches he would normally swing and miss on

That’s fine, they also swing way way more, I honestly have very little issue getting thru innings on BR in less than 10 pitches after I adjusted. It was a big long messy adjustment period, but I find half the issue is just not trying to jam them, and if you do, miss inside, and they don’t end up as singles or foul balls and instead end up as popups

SDS

@t-rox_09_mlbts said in Contact swings takes away all the fun in RS especially pitching:

That’s fine, they also swing way way more, I honestly have very little issue getting thru innings on BR in less than 10 pitches after I adjusted. It was a big long messy adjustment period, but I find half the issue is just not trying to jam them, and if you do, miss inside, and they don’t end up as singles or foul balls and instead end up as popups

Dude BR is a [censored] shoot with below average pitchers. I'm talking more God squad RS.

SDS

A good hitter abusing contact is alnost unbeatable.

SDS

I dunno, i play in AS almost exclusively and 9/10 players contact swing (as do i now just to compete)

My ERAs for my SP's are all around 2 - i wouldnt call that much of a problem.

Hell, in 3 starts Prior has only given up 1 HR.

I think its more about how you pitch as opposed to anything else.

SDS

some stats from my last few games on winning/losing pitchers

W: Rich Gossage (6-5, 2.73), L: Aroldis Chapman (0-1, 0.59)
W: Rich Gossage (5-5, 2.79), L: Rob Dibble (0-1, 1.74)
W: Dan Plesac (6-0, 2.64), L: Lance Lynn (0-10, 4.64) (I mean if you're gonna use Lance Lynn what do you expect)
W: Garrett Crochet (2-3, 3.00), L: Darren O'Day (1-1, 2.61), SV: Mariano Rivera (2-3, 2.83)
W: Josiah Gray (1-0, 3.21), L: Max Scherzer (10-18, 4.34)
W: A.J. Burnett (11-3, 1.97), L: Spencer Turnbull (4-2, 2.51)
W: Huston Street (1-0, 1.50), L: Garrett Crochet (3-2, 3.00)

I mean, are those above all really an issue?

SDS

@genopolanco_psn said in Contact swings takes away all the fun in RS especially pitching:

@speedy44_psn said in Contact swings takes away all the fun in RS especially pitching:

You ever notice that the inner PCI is perfectly lined up with the paint when you move it all the way in a direction? Paint pitches are easy to hit. Just slam the PCI and time it lol. Not how it should be though. They need to make it where you can overcorrect so it’s not so easy to barrel it up.

This. Throwing a pitch that’s on the bottom line of the strike zone is always crushed because everyone jerks the stick down there on a low ball. Throwing a pitch just above that line is pop fly city

SDS

Dude BR is a [censored] shoot with below average pitchers. I'm talking more God squad RS.

It really isn’t is what I’m saying, with pinpoint. Contact swing is obvious from the first pitch, and then I adjust my pitch strategy. I never draft good pitchers, I love bronzes and commons because it makes them think they’re gonna have it easy. Usually only one high K/9 H/9 guy to get me out of sticky situations when they arise later in the run.

So in short if it’s not happening in BR to me, RS should be even easier with god squad pitchers

SDS

It really isn’t is what I’m saying, with pinpoint. Contact swing is obvious from the first pitch, and then I adjust my pitch strategy. I never draft good pitchers, I love bronzes and commons because it makes them think they’re gonna have it easy. Usually only one high K/9 H/9 guy to get me out of sticky situations when they arise later in the run.

So in short if it’s not happening in BR to me, RS should be even easier with god squad pitchers

Lol well when the pci is bigger than the strike zone its an issue.

SDS

Lol well when the pci is bigger than the strike zone its an issue.

I was in a 500-ish game, my level 4 Gagne pitching to his pitcher, Wade Davis (contact 1, vision 0). After his first swing, his PCI was nearly covering the whole SZ. Yikes.