Mauricio defense

SDS

On Mauricio's card he has diamond defense but when you put him at short in game he only gets the gold badge.
Are the hitting and defense badges on a player card different than the actual badge in game?

SDS

if he has 90+ fielding at his primary he will be diamond badge.

SDS

Because he gets a -5 to fielding for secondary position

SDS

@savagesteve74 said in Mauricio defense:

He's a primary shortstop

SDS

Diamond badge on the card doesn't equal diamond badge on the fielding. You need 90+ fielding for the diamond badge. Mauricio is still a beast tho

SDS

@bozzman0109_psn said in Mauricio defense:

if he has 90+ fielding at his primary he will be diamond badge.

That's what I've always figured but his card shows diamond difference so i got confused

SDS

@ny_giants4_life said in Mauricio defense:

He's a primary shortstop

Lol, sorry, too many new cards. Yeah, diamond defense on card is a culmination of all defense stats. The shield on field is only based on their fielding stats, so that needs to be 90+

SDS

I don’t know but his fielding been pretty dang good.

SDS

He's a primary shortstop

Lol, sorry, too many new cards. Yeah, diamond defense on card is a culmination of all defense stats. The shield on field is only based on their fielding stats, so that needs to be 90+

Ahh this makes sense. Was just wondering this too, thanks.

SDS

just make him p2 I think he has 88 fielding? If that's the case then a few maps of conquest and he will be a 90 def P2.

SDS

On Mauricio's card he has diamond defense but when you put him at short in game he only gets the gold badge.
Are the hitting and defense badges on a player card different than the actual badge in game?

He is a diamond overall defender because it takes into account his fielding, arm and reaction.
But he doesn’t get a diamond shield in the field unless he has 90 or higher in the fielding attribute specifically. Get him up to PXP Level 2 and he’ll have that diamond shield!