Stealing?

SDS

All of you speed demons out there, how the hell do you steal? I don’t steal very often but Buxton is 0 for his last 5 or 6 and I can’t seem to ever swipe a bag when playing online, any tips?

SDS

I don't have the answer but i assume like hitting a square ball an gettin an out, its kinda random. Im interested in the debate of hittin l2 vs holdin l2 and if that makes a huge difference.
I know its really frustrating getting thrown out with a 95+ speed guy when the pitcher dont slide step. I know with trea an ricky i got thrown out stealing 3rd an there jump was so bad i swear it they were like 5 feet from the bag an the pticher didnt slide step

SDS

Stealing is bad.

SDS

Stealing is frustrating this year against the CPU. I’ve never seen so many pitch outs. Unless the count is 2-0 or 2-1, they almost always pitch out when I attempt to steal. My favorite is when they pitch out on the first pitch and I try to steal on the second, they pitch out again. I understand that you need to pick your spots to steal but it’s almost like they are Nostradamus and know exactly when to pitch out.

SDS

@mdafurball_psn said in Stealing?:

I don't have the answer but i assume like hitting a square ball an gettin an out, its kinda random. Im interested in the debate of hittin l2 vs holdin l2 and if that makes a huge difference.
I know its really frustrating getting thrown out with a 95+ speed guy when the pitcher dont slide step. I know with trea an ricky i got thrown out stealing 3rd an there jump was so bad i swear it they were like 5 feet from the bag an the pticher didnt slide step

3rd is harder to steal cause its only 90ft from home,whereas 2nd is 110-120ft.

SDS

@painpa_psn said in Stealing?:

@mdafurball_psn said in Stealing?:

3rd is harder to steal cause its only 90ft from home,whereas 2nd is 110-120ft.

I’d say it’s easier actually, you can get a bigger lead with more momentum

SDS

I steal pretty effectively both online and off. My problem is I can’t steal first base