It's early, this isn't a complaining thread either, just want to see what other's are seeing. I've also played more offline than online at this point. Here's what I'm seeing in the modes I've played.
Offline MTO (playing on HOF w/Rays)
- Gameplay is smooth
- Hitting seems rewarding. When I get good/good or squared or even perfect/perfect, I'm seeing the results much more often.
- Fielding seems much more realistic. Far less incredible plays
- Pitching is better than last year, but I'm seeing a decent amount of horrible umpire calls on balls 100% in the strike zone being called balls. Also, more of the hanging pitches in this offline mode than any other offline mode.
DD (offline - Conquest on AS mostly, moments, showdown)
- All the same things as above except I'm seeing less pitches that hang. My input seems to show up like I'm expecting far more often.
- Perfect/perfect results are near an .800 avg (I'm guessing)
DD (online - 1 BR game and 3 event games)
- The game is very choppy, especially compared to last year
- The game feels a little slower too. Not the speed, but the time it's taking to move between menus. This is understandable since it's online, but still seems much slower than '19.
- Hitting feels noticeably different than offline. I've had 5 perfect/perfect hits and am 1 for 5 on them. All outs have been line outs. Good/good or squared up have also consistently been line drives or deep fly outs that are tracked down.
- I LOVE the fielder animations though for the mediocre position players. Seems more noticeable online than offline and I think that's good.
- Pitching has been very odd compared to offline. I'm seeing a lot of hangers, especially on curveballs. I don't even want to throw the pitch at this point.
- Position players throwing. I've had 1 throwing error with the new adjustments to button accuracy offline. My last event game, I had 4 plays in a row where my fielders got red throws no matter my release and I literally had no control of it. It was happened with Judge in RF, Merrifield at 2b, Bogarts at SS, and my catcher (forgot who it is).
Overall, I'm enjoying all the content and ways to play, but I don't feel like it's worth playing online much at this point. How are you all liking things and what have you noticed?