Let’s talk dedicated servers

SDS

P2P is something that I think will keep this game trailing behind in next gen. I think dedicated servers for the game are long overdue. Playing at home is like playing a different game all together.

Anything in the works?

SDS

I don't see that ever happening. It would be support nightmare for them, and also expose more of their code than they want in the client product. I think the odds of this happening are zero.

SDS

It won’t happen. It will stay p2p and we’ll keep getting robbed of stats from people dashboarding mid HR on us.

SDS

@tvsectog_psn said in Let’s talk dedicated servers:

I don't see that ever happening. It would be support nightmare for them, and also expose more of their code than they want in the client product. I think the odds of this happening are zero.

I don’t see why games like gears of war did it because of connection issues with players and they were a small company

SDS

@a_perfectgame said in Let’s talk dedicated servers:

I don’t see why games like gears of war did it because of connection issues with players and they were a small company

Gears wasn't 1v1.

SDS

@gohardgrandpa said in Let’s talk dedicated servers:

It won’t happen. It will stay p2p and we’ll keep getting robbed of stats from people dashboarding mid HR on us.

This is annoying just because the play doesn’t finish out.

SDS

@ikasnu_psn said in Let’s talk dedicated servers:

Gears wasn't 1v1.

They had 2v2 playlists. What is the 1v1 have to do with it? Not saying you are wrong just getting your take?

SDS

@ikasnu_psn said in Let’s talk dedicated servers:

Gears wasn't 1v1.

They had 2v2 playlists. What is the 1v1 have to do with it? Not saying you are wrong just getting your take?

Its a lot of resources just for 2 players. Many FPS games that host dedicated servers often have 12+ at any given time, in some cases over 100.

SDS

It’s long overdue IMO. Especially now that they are fully aware of the competitive scene and touting a “competitive” mode for all online play where stick skills matter more. The icing on the cake is dedicated servers. It would be bliss.