Pitch Types

SDS

Hi guys, player from HK. I've built a southpaw flamethrower SP with 4seamer (94-98mph), 12-6 curve (77-82mph), slider (82-86mph) and a SFF (82-86mph) accordingly. My 12-6 curve and SFF doing quite well as strikeout pitch or as a combo to strike the batters out. Hoping to get some advice on the 5th pitch selection from you guys. Cheers.

SDS

Cutter.

You can use it inside on the right handers.

SDS

@Lone_Gun_Mann said in Pitch Types:

Cutter.

You can use it inside on the right handers.

Thanks mate. I will give it a try.

SDS

@lamwys said in Pitch Types:

Hi guys, player from HK. I've built a southpaw flamethrower SP with 4seamer (94-98mph), 12-6 curve (77-82mph), slider (82-86mph) and a SFF (82-86mph) accordingly. My 12-6 curve and SFF doing quite well as strikeout pitch or as a combo to strike the batters out. Hoping to get some advice on the 5th pitch selection from you guys. Cheers.

I recently played an online Play Now game with the Reds and selected Trevor Bauer as my pitcher. I noticed that his cutter clocked at about 83 mph rather often. That's a lot slower than most cutters I've seen on the game, but I was having a lot of success with it in that Play Now game. I thought of it as having the effect of an inverted, slower change up. I thought I would recommend that pitch and specific velocity. Have a good day!

SDS

I have a RHP. Arch Type Filthy. I use:
Slider
Cutter
Changeup
Splitter
2-Seamer

Low and outside to K the righties works really well.

In the dirt splitter for lefties or changeup low and way on lefties. Cutter high-in off the plate works as well just have to worry about beaning them.

I use platinum equipment on Legend. Avg. about 340 K's a year.

SDS

@BaseballWithBat5 said in Pitch Types:

@lamwys said in Pitch Types:

I recently played an online Play Now game with the Reds and selected Trevor Bauer as my pitcher. I noticed that his cutter clocked at about 83 mph rather often. That's a lot slower than most cutters I've seen on the game, but I was having a lot of success with it in that Play Now game. I thought of it as having the effect of an inverted, slower change up. I thought I would recommend that pitch and specific velocity. Have a good day!

Thanks for the comment mate, base on my experience, I think the break of a cutter is more important than the velocity and I'm pretty sure Bauer's break is filthy. 🤣

SDS

@Lone_Gun_Mann said in Pitch Types:

I have a RHP. Arch Type Filthy. I use:
Slider
Cutter
Changeup
Splitter
2-Seamer

Low and outside to K the righties works really well.

In the dirt splitter for lefties or changeup low and way on lefties. Cutter high-in off the plate works as well just have to worry about beaning them.

I use platinum equipment on Legend. Avg. about 340 K's a year.

I add a cutter like you said and it works very well.

SDS

Nice. Use it wisely. lol