Can't Edit Default Equipment?

SDS

So I bought MLB 20 about two weeks ago, and as always I made a speedy outfielder for RTTS. Playing through after getting drafted, however; I noticed that I couldn't not do any edits to my player's equipment if they were default/generic ones (e.g. can remove one/both batting gloves, but can't change to the other default styles; or can change the length of pants & sock style, but can't change to defaulted STANCE socks).

Grinded out some Missions & Conquest games to earn Stubs to buy the branded equipment, but decided to make another character to test things out; and while it it seems like I can freely edit them prior to the Showcase, afterwards I can't do so.

Has this been encountered by anyone else? Is it worth it to submit a Bug Report about it? It's not "game-breaking" or anything and I've been considering trying a different build anyways; but it's kinda crappy getting close to double-digit hours of playtime only to realize this.

SDS

Why don't you just get name brand equipment? Gold level is pretty cheap and it will boost your attributes. Besides it looks a whole lot better. I think that is why you are having problem changing generic equipment. You are supposed to buy equipment

SDS

I eventually did buy equipment after grinding some Moments/Conquest missions. In previous years, I tried to only use branded equipment after making it to the Majors; but meh.

I think it's a little disingenuous to state that I'm "supposed to buy equipment", as you could edit/change generic equipment in previous games (probably should have mentioned this in my original post for more context). Also; branded equipment was always touted as enhancements, not requirements, in Dev Streams of previous games. Admittedly, I didn't pay attention to this year's Streams; so if there was a change mentioned towards this aspect, I'm not aware.

SDS

I sorry if I mislead you. What I meant was they want you to buy equipment

SDS

No worries; as admittedly I had my cynical cap on when I first noticed this.

In any case, I did reach out to Support and someone replied asking for more info & said they'll look into it.

SDS

@kidlion39 said in Can't Edit Default Equipment?:

No worries; as admittedly I had my cynical cap on when I first noticed this.

In any case, I did reach out to Support and someone replied asking for more info & said they'll look into it.

cool