When did they start allowing position players to pitch?

SDS

Not sure what happened but I got .2 innings out of Giambi in the event. He fade up 7 hits and 6 runs.

SDS

I'm assuming you pinch-hit for your pitcher and never subbed in a pitcher for giambi when prompted to

SDS

Ya I did that but this year the game has never let you leave a batter in to pitch. It was last year only

SDS

@Speedy44 said in When did they start allowing position players to pitch?:

Ya I did that but this year the game has never let you leave a batter in to pitch. It was last year only

This is incorrect

SDS

The game must have been a wash. If ones teams blowing out the other you can bring position players in. I bring in ian happ when im winning big in events.

SDS

The difference is that in the past you could wait for your opponent to bring in a pinch hitter and counter that by bringing in a same handed pitcher. If you pinch hit this year and don't immediately bring in a replacement pitcher after (you can no longer wait for your opponent to see what he does first), you're stuck with the positional player on the mound for 3 outs because the game assumes you don't want to change pitchers. And then the new 3 batter rule comes into effect.

SDS

Yeah I lost a ranked game the other day because somehow han-ram stayed in the game to pitch and could not be removed and he got me two outs and later surrendered a homer with 2 outs and I lost by one in the bottom half flying out to the warning track

SDS

@ryrycon said in When did they start allowing position players to pitch?:

Yeah I lost a ranked game the other day because somehow han-ram stayed in the game to pitch and could not be removed and he got me two outs and later surrendered a homer with 2 outs and I lost by one in the bottom half flying out to the warning track

If that happens again ,and you get the 1st 2 outs , walk the 3rd batter and bring in a pitcher.

SDS

@raesONE said in When did they start allowing position players to pitch?:

The difference is that in the past you could wait for your opponent to bring in a pinch hitter and counter that by bringing in a same handed pitcher. If you pinch hit this year and don't immediately bring in a replacement pitcher after (you can no longer wait for your opponent to see what he does first), you're stuck with the positional player on the mound for 3 outs because the game assumes you don't want to change pitchers. And then the new 3 batter rule comes into effect.

Yes because in the past you could pretty much make your opponent burn a bench bat by picking the same handed pitcher. Most people that pinch-hit want to go against an opposite handed pitcher. This year it is less cheesy and more realistic. You should know who you are hitting against before you pick a pinch hitter.

SDS

You've always had this option.

SDS

Last year you could do the same. Just leave the pinch hitter in for the pitcher and he will pitch. It will warn you, but just back out of it.