Are Check Swings a Waste of Time?

SDS

I honestly feel like 9.5/10 check swings are called a ball/no swing. Anyone feel like they should just get rid of it?

SDS

Definitely needs an overhaul at the very least. I wouldn't be opposed to removing them altogether

SDS

It’s fine everybody uses them, not overpowered at all in the slightest either

SDS

@Texans4lyfe said in Are Check Swings a Waste of Time?:

I honestly feel like 9.5/10 check swings are called a ball/no swing. Anyone feel like they should just get rid of it?

I'm not sure I agree with this statement. If anything I feel like I called for the strike like 75 percent of the time. So.... idk

SDS

In DD I don’t see the point of having the little cut scene. Just make the call immediately.

SDS

Anyone know why when you push box it’s always a check caller strike? I feel like this only happens when I’m batting. My opponent somehow never seems to be called

SDS

There would be an outrage from the check swing bandits.

SDS

Remove it entirely from online play

SDS

@Speedy44 said in Are Check Swings a Waste of Time?:

Anyone know why when you push box it’s always a check caller strike? I feel like this only happens when I’m batting. My opponent somehow never seems to be called

It’s called square lol. And that’s because it’s a power swing. Hard to check those.

SDS

@Untchable704 said in Are Check Swings a Waste of Time?:

It’s called square lol. And that’s because it’s a power swing. Hard to check those.

Thank you. I was trying to figure out what push box was.

SDS

Box is for power swings, you'll have less chance of getting a check swing.

Sideways cross is for normal swings, this will give you a ball more often.

If you hit donut, you'll get the most balls on check swings, as it's for contact swings.

If you hold down roof, you'll bunt, no matter what.