• Categories
  • Popular
  • Dev Tracker
Skins
  • Default (The Show 26)
  • No Skin
  • The Show 23
  • Dark
  • The Show 24
  • The Show 25
  • The Show 26
Collapse
THESHOW.COM
Game Games Support Support My Account My Account

Community Forum

victoryphoenix_PSNV

victoryphoenix_PSN

@victoryphoenix_PSN
About
Posts
159
Topics
24
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

    Cy Young
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    @PapaRick68_MLBTS nickel curve is a slider


  • Logo creation needs to go
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    Ban the offenders, don;t disable the creators. I spent hours creating my stadiums and logos and this season I had to recreate both my Franchise and my Mini Seasons stadium. It takes too long to recreate. I think that made me salty before the other frustrations came out. If you are going to ban obscene logos than do it, just as if Lagrassa irritates that much just delete it and fix the bug that makes it possible, or ban/suspend the people who upload it. If you look at the logo there are many many that are very creative and save many users alot of time when setting up thier Diamond Dynasty squads.


  • Flores commentary
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    I prefer Boog and Singleton. Flores commentary for me just falls flat. It's good to have an option to pick your broadcasters....


  • Is it really a problem?
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    The blatant disregard for the Cincinnati Reds is just one glaring symptom of a much larger problem at San Diego Studio: a complete detachment from baseball’s foundational history. It has become abundantly clear that the developers only care about the last 15 years of the sport, treating the previous century of baseball as an afterthought.

    A game that claims to be the definitive baseball simulation is an absolute joke when it omits the titans who built the game. How can SDS justify the absence of Ty Cobb, Nap Lajoie, Dizzy Dean, or the Waner Brothers? SDS has abandoned a massive roster of legends. The lack of a beloved modern icon like Kirby Puckett, alongside brilliant defensive masters like Ray Schalk, Buck Weaver, and Mickey Cochrane, proves they are completely phoning in their historical content.

    There are clear, actionable ways to fix this and actually educate the player base:

    Yearly Franchise Deep Dives: SDS has already proven they can build incredible, educational content with the Negro Leagues Storylines. They need to apply that exact same framework to MLB franchises. Every year, the game should feature a deep-dive Storyline into the rich history of one National League team and one American League team, complete with historical stadiums, uniforms, and the eras' defining players.

    NPB Legends Series: Baseball is a global game with a rich international history that SDS ignores. Introducing a Nippon Professional Baseball (NPB) series featuring the legendary Sadaharu Oh and other Japanese baseball icons would be a massive addition that respects the game's worldwide legacy.

    SDS needs to stop operating with such a narrow, modern-day, coastal-market bias. They have a platform that could celebrate the full 150-year history of professional baseball, but right now, their historical omissions mean they are operating with zero credibility.

    I have no problem with honoring the 82 Cardinals, If I remember I was rooting for the Brewers in that series, Series like 75, 82, 2001, 2004... Should be celebrated. I want all of baseball to be celebrated not just my familial connections. But I will advocate for Harry Craft or any member of the Reds first, I'm a partisan.


  • Is it really a problem?
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    The Glaring Historical Bias in MLB The Show: Why SDS is Losing Touch with Baseball's Legacy

    It is time to talk about the provable bias by the developers at San Diego Studio (SDS). It has become abundantly clear that if your team isn't one of their few "darling franchises," your history simply does not matter to them.

    Team legacy should be the guiding motivation when releasing Legends and Flashbacks, but SDS is failing on two major fronts: missing icons and misrepresented history.

    First, let’s look at the gaping holes in the roster. A baseball simulation without Walter Johnson and Lefty Grove is missing its foundation. Leaving out inner-circle Hall of Famers of this caliber means SDS is operating with zero historical credibility.

    But the real proof of their bias lies in how they handle the Legends they do have. Look at how they treat the Cincinnati Reds. When SDS releases top-tier cards for Scott Rolen, Dave Parker, and Ken Griffey Jr., they actively avoid releasing their Reds versions. Instead of honoring their time in Cincinnati, SDS defaults to other uniforms, completely ignoring the historical footprint these players left on the franchise.

    The ultimate blind spot? 2025 marked the 50th anniversary of the legendary 1975-76 Big Red Machine—one of the greatest dynasties in sports and the last National League team to win back-to-back World Series titles until the Dodgers did it last year. What did SDS do to commemorate this massive milestone? Absolutely nothing.

    What SDS Should Have Delivered:
    If they actually respected baseball history and listened to their audience, here are three cards that should have easily headlined a dedicated historical program:

    1975 MVP Joe Morgan (Awards Series): The literal engine of the Big Red Machine. A 99-overall card reflecting his back-to-back MVP seasons with elite plate discipline, speed, and pop is a no-brainer for a 50th-anniversary celebration.
    
    1976 World Series MVP Johnny Bench (Postseason Series): The undisputed greatest catcher of all time, who hit .533 to sweep the Yankees. Instead of generic content drops, a maxed-out defensive and power anchor honoring his '76 performance should be the gold standard for catcher cards.
    
    1940 World Series Champion Harry Craft (Historical/Milestone Series): The disrespect for Reds history isn't just about the 70s. Releasing a 1938 or 1940 Harry Craft card—a true Reds Hall of Fame center fielder who helped secure a championship—would prove SDS actually researches franchise legacy instead of just recycling the same coastal-market players year after year.
    

    SDS has lost touch with the history of the game. Legends and Flashbacks shouldn't just be content filler; they should be a direct, respectful reflection of the greatest players and teams from the past, across all 30 franchises.

    Listen to your audience. Respect the history, honor the milestones, and stop prioritizing a handful of favored markets over the rich, 150-year legacy of baseball.


  • Sept Spotlight Drop 1 Reveals
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    He wasn't a prospect if you are consumed by the coastal bias, but to everyone else he was. Sabermetrics stats like WAR are meaningless. Stewart is absolute proof of the eye test and old school baseball far exceeding the BS that is analytics. If Stewart starts at 2B or 3B(his natural position) instead of 1B this year we aren't even having this discussion. 15 stolen bases, 31 HR and 107 RBI


  • Sept Spotlight Drop 1 Reveals
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    @Apolloz_99_MLBTS that is not correct. Redsnation has been talking about him for two years. He was moved to First Base because of his versatility. But can play almost anywhere on the infield, except SS


  • Sept Spotlight Drop 1 Reveals
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    Yes, he was/is


  • Sept Spotlight Drop 1 Reveals
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    Ok, Elly Ignored, Chase Burns has never recieved a Spotlight card. I'm being repetitive but it seems like they are specifically ignoring the Reds this year. I'm sure when Sal Stewart wins Rookie of the Year, and TJ Antone wins Comeback Player of the Year, we'll hear. "Wow, they came out of nowhere." How many CJ Abrams spotlights have we had?, Jacob Misir(Whatever) cards... Steele Hall was ignored in Pipeline while I'm being whiny.


  • I know I'm terrible at online modes.
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    @beatlesnews_MLBTS agreed


  • I know I'm terrible at online modes.
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    I do well playing offline conquest and miniseason mainly (I've played the WBC miniseason 132 times) but when I play online which I only do to claim 10K XP to finish an inning program. I should play other players at similar skill levels(even on events). It can't be fun for them to play someone that they beat so easily. this is what keeps people from embracing online modes. I play on veteran and all-star offline and am more than happy but with lack of content coming out they are forcing online on everyone.


  • Is Sept Spotlight Drop 1 the one where a bunch of people will be disappointed?
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    I've given up on the show to recognize the Season Chase Burns is having. In my opinion they randomly pick players that they like and are still salty that the Reds made the playoffs last year over the Mets and Padres.


  • Any oldtimers still here?
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    I’m 59 now, and my history with virtual baseball goes all the way back to MicroLeague Baseball in 1985. I originally picked it up while recovering from a knee injury that ultimately ended my playing days three years later. Since then, I’ve been through them all: HardBall!, Earl Weaver Baseball, Baseball Pro '98, MVP Baseball, the 2K series, and I've been playing MLB The Show since 2019.

    Here’s the thing: as these games get more advanced with their graphics and mechanics, it feels like they veer further away from the actual heart of the sport. I’m a staunch traditionalist—I will always believe in the eye test over sabermetrics—and this year's release has been incredibly frustrating on that front.

    All that being said, I just love baseball. Flaws and all, The Show is the one thing that keeps my mind on the diamond where it belongs.


  • Grind to Leo
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    I don;t play online, I do one vs. cpu on all star and the draft map on allstar daily, with WBC miniseason thrown in occasionally


  • Grind to Leo
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    190k, Not sure If I'll ever use him, I think it's about loving the process.


  • My ideas for MLB the show 27
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    If they brought back sounds of the show, that would be a major victory for franchise players, a group they definitely don't ever think about. That claim it causes copyright issues... which sounds like an amazing BS story


  • Is the Show Live - A Thing of the past
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    I actually miss the live stream if I'm being serious. I agree the negativity in the stream was a bit beyond mean spirited. It felt like the two hosts were doing their best. people take this way too seriously. I'm still sort of speechless about how people used exploits to gain what they saw as an advantage.


  • Is the Show Live - A Thing of the past
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    It would be genuinely refreshing to hear a peep out of SDS after the great ban wave and months of radio silence. I’m running out of voids to scream into about the blatant lack of Reds content, noone has even whispered the words 'White Sox,' 'Padres,' or 'Nats' to me in the last two months? My Gen X cynicism is reaching critical mass. Honestly, I just miss the thrill of ripping packs full of useless duplicate commons, quick-selling the lot, and walking away with 50 Stubs. I'm really feeling the loss of that digital pocket change.


  • Nms here. I won’t be buying the show in 27
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    I've never purchased stubs; by the end of April, I had already unlocked both of them through pure gameplay. My approach is simple: I build a dedicated Reds theme team alongside a secondary squad specifically tailored to grind out current missions. Just play the game to have fun. Don't waste your money buying packs or stubs, and definitely steer clear of those sketchy third-party stub-selling websites.

    That being said, I am extremely frustrated with this year's game. SDS is acting like they simply don't care anymore. Because they hold the exclusive MLB license, they're operating a lot like the Castellinis—acting as if fans have no other choice but to consume whatever product they put on the field. At this point, my only real objective is getting as many Reds player cards to P5 as possible, which is unfortunately easy since they only release a new one about every two months.

    If you asked me today whether I'm buying MLB The Show 27, it’s a hard no. But realistically, by next March, I'll probably end up getting it. I just love baseball too much, and anything that gets me closer to the game, I'm in


  • Can somebody please help me please
  • victoryphoenix_PSNV victoryphoenix_PSN

    go to goodwill, buy a commodore 64 play Micro-League Baseball. You'll thank me later

X Instagram Facebook YouTube Twitch Discord TikTok
Major League Baseball Players Association Major League Baseball Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation Studios San Diego Studio ESRB ESRB Certificate
Terms of Use Privacy Policy TheShow.com Community Code of Conduct MLB The Show Online Code of Conduct MLB The Show Games

“PlayStation Family Mark”, “PlayStation”, “PlayStation Studios logo”, “PS5 Logo”, and “Play Has No Limits” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. ©2026 Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. MLB and MiLB trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com and MiLB.com. Officially Licensed Product of MLB Players, Inc. MLBPA trademarks, copyrighted works and other intellectual property rights are owned and/or held by MLBPA and may not be used without the written consent of MLBPA or MLB Players, Inc. Visit MLBPLAYERS.com, the Players Choice on the web. The Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, Inc., as applicable. Visit the official website of the Hall of Fame at BaseballHall.org. Official Licensee-Major League Alumni Marketing, Inc. © MLAM. Officially Licensed by the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, Inc. Kansas City, MO. Stubs is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

  • Login

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Popular
  • Dev Tracker
  • Login

  • Login or register to search.