What if quirks were changed to power ups?

SDS

Hear me out, what if SDS made a cool move and turned DD quirks into power ups.

For example they could have one power up where that batter can automatically turn any strike into a ball, once per at bat.
Or another where it’s an automatic home run if you have good timing.
They could have a one pitch power up where if they hit than pitch the fielder will automatically make an error or maybe one for pitchers where a certain pitch can be unhittable UNLESS they get a perfect perfect swing, it’s always a miss.

Just throwing out some ideas, I feel like power ups would make online 10x more fun and give it a Mario super sluggers type feel to it.

SDS

Maybe for an event, I could see this work. Make your team, then get a random 3 round draft of power-ups to use.

It would absolutely never work in Ranked Seasons or BR. Nobody wants that in those modes.

SDS

I think most people want to move away from this game feeling like Mario super sluggers

SDS

Quite possibly the worst idea ever.

SDS

Give us turtle shells to knock runners off the bags.....said nobody

SDS

@mucous052army said in What if quirks were changed to power ups?:

I mean we’re close to that already....it’s like guys are slipping on banana peels when they round bases and try to go back

SDS

@mucous052army said in What if quirks were changed to power ups?:

Uhh a try super sluggers fan would know the shells are to hit the defense. Duh

SDS

No please...im glad Mlb didnt copy madden nosense, where OP abilities made the game a total joke! No skill gap just something you cant stop...

SDS

@andreatux91 said in What if quirks were changed to power ups?:

No please...im glad Mlb didnt copy madden nosense, where OP abilities made the game a total joke! No skill gap just something you cant stop...

The reason nobody likes madden is because the super powers aren’t OP enough

SDS

I think Quirks should stay the same, but I think there should be more of them. Maikel Franco is a big example for this. He was completely forgettable defensively, except for in one situation. He was crazy good at making barehanded plays, so a Quirk that would increase the odds of those plays working out would be cool. Or one for players that frequently make diving/sliding plays. Catchers with a quick pop time could get a quirk as well, and so on