Getting R2'd to death

SDS

Seriously if you do this all game long you deserve a slap in the face. With a chair. Some kids have really mastered the timing of this fine art.

SDS

It's annoying as hell. I don't give a [censored] about my record this year. I'll quit if you play like a tool

SDS

@gohardgrandpa said in Getting R2'd to death:

It's annoying as hell. I don't give a [censored] about my record this year. I'll quit if you play like a tool

I just don't understand why anyone would want to play this way. I would get no joy out of hitting some cookies out of the park that I cheesed down the middle.

SDS

@raesone_psn said in Getting R2'd to death:

@gohardgrandpa said in Getting R2'd to death:

I just don't understand why anyone would want to play this way. I would get no joy out of hitting some cookies out of the park that I cheesed down the middle.

Some people just like to win. The journey there is immaterial to them.

R2 (especially against pinpoint) really needs fixin'.

SDS

MaYbE yOu ShOuLdNt qUiCk PiTcH

Or maybe they are keeping a journal of every pitch they face for their memoirs.

I forget what the trendy excuse is now.

SDS

It has been rampant this year. Over half my games are constant tap, tap tap until they cannot anymore. So u wait the full time between every pitch. Doesn't do anything but slow the game down to a crawl. Helps them none.
I already wait a pretty good amount between every pitch, but this is crazy.

SDS

Not sure why but it’s definitely worse this year. Seems like it only happened once in a while and almost never on the higher levels last year. This year seems like every few games I run into one of these clowns.

SDS

Just played who guy who HEAVILY R2’d me early on. He ended up getting a nice lead because of it. I adjusted my pitching style and started doing it back to him. Long story short, I won in extra innings. Dude has the nerve to message me saying I was being “petty” and “enjoy your suspension” as if he wasn’t spamming the f*** out of R2 with runners on base.

The entire game was BS. I’ve always been a fan of R2 for slowing down pace and for the information it gives, but if they can’t fix this sh*t, then they need to get rid of R2 all together. When you play someone who uses it as en exploit, it takes the enjoyment out of the game.

SDS

R2 should be taken out of the batting controls, in my opinion. If you need a moment, step out or pause.

SDS

@taco_truck_face said in Getting R2'd to death:

R2 should be taken out of the batting controls, in my opinion. If you need a moment, step out or pause.

That's where I'm at with it. It's unfortunate that we've gotten to this point because it is a helpful tool that I use a lot against the CPU to remind myself of the pitcher's arsenal, velocity range and confidence level of each pitch. In my online matches, I won't even use it because I don't want my opponent to think I'm trying to cheese him and have them start doing it constantly.

If I need to see the repertoire, I'll just pause the game when they bring in a new pitcher and take a peek. Yeah, I might not be able to see the confidence level of each pitch but that's okay, as long as I don't have to put up with dumb childish tactics like this.

SDS

@taco_truck_face said in Getting R2'd to death:

I don't quick pitch or use R2, but i think the best solution is only being able to press before the pitch is selected, and to compromise there should be a 1-2 second hold on the pitcher making their selection to allow the batter to sub/check pitch location/whatever the hell they are doing

SDS

Take a shot