Nothing competitive about competitive

SDS

Sorry. But this game is just a reskin of 20 with slightly better pitching. The results on contact is almost exactly the same. It’s a simulation style randomizer. 6 good/good contacts in a 6 out game is not “competitive”

The difference in the beta was even though there were lineouts — consistent good contact was rewarded. It’s not here.

The good thing that was changed was a lot less mistakes on pitching on perfect releases (although it still exists) and check swinging has been slightly improved although I think it was better in the beta also.

I know I’m gonna get a lot of hate for this but it’s just the facts. The game is a everyone gets a trophy sim and it doesn’t seem like they are going to abandon that.

Although I really wish they were just honest about it instead of trying to fool ppl into committing to their game.

SDS

Lol I knew this was coming. Also knew I should have the screen shot from the tech test forum saying that I will be saving it for when you complain about TS21

SDS

I am enjoying the heck out of 21. So much content.

SDS

Its always going to play like that on allstar dude. Reserve actual judgement for when players play on HOF+. a FWIW I'm feeling rewarded for my good swings in event games. Haven't touched Ranked yet

SDS

@aaronjw76_psn said in Nothing competitive about competitive:

Lol I knew this was coming. Also knew I should have the screen shot from the tech test forum saying that I will be saving it for when you complain about TS21

I mean I’m just being honest. I don’t hate the game I’m playing good. But I was in a ranked match struck out my opponent 15 times and lined out 17. I only won 2-1 and the sad part is he scored on 2 late weak hits — he had not a single good contact. I should had probably won by a lot more the point is the game is random. I’m not saying this because I’m losing. It’s random. That’s just a fact.

Tech test played great. The actual game is not as good gameplay wise

There are things that make the gameplay better like pitching is improved but hit rewards are eh.

SDS

@a_perfectgame said in Nothing competitive about competitive:

I mean I’m just being honest. I don’t hate the game I’m playing good. But I was in a ranked match struck out my opponent 15 times and lined out 17. I only won 2-1 and the sad part is he scored on 2 late weak hits — he had not a single good contact. I should had probably won by a lot more the point is the game is random. I’m not saying this because I’m losing. It’s random. That’s just a fact.

There are things that make the gameplay better like pitching is improved but hit rewards are eh.

I agree.

To your point, I understand that getting hits on late swings/poor contact may happen, but getting a hit on 'very late?' I mean when the pitch has literally just about reached the catcher's glove, and he gets a hit on a 'very late' swing?...I would think that it would be a foul ball at best.

SDS

@onnagood1_psn said in Nothing competitive about competitive:

I agree.

To your point, I understand that getting hits on late swings/poor contact may happen, but getting a hit on 'very late?' I mean when the pitch has literally just about reached the catcher's glove, and he gets a hit on a 'very late' swing?...I would think that it would be a foul ball at best.

Not if it was an inside pitch. If you have a high contact/power guy, you might get a few to drop in. That's with good PCI placement.

SDS

Sorry. But this game is just a reskin of 20 with slightly better pitching. The results on contact is almost exactly the same. It’s a simulation style randomizer. 6 good/good contacts in a 6 out game is not “competitive”

The difference in the beta was even though there were lineouts — consistent good contact was rewarded. It’s not here.

The good thing that was changed was a lot less mistakes on pitching on perfect releases (although it still exists) and check swinging has been slightly improved although I think it was better in the beta also.

I know I’m gonna get a lot of hate for this but it’s just the facts. The game is a everyone gets a trophy sim and it doesn’t seem like they are going to abandon that.

Although I really wish they were just honest about it instead of trying to fool ppl into committing to their game.

Tell me what online play game isn't 0% random. NFL, NHL, Madden, FIFA, etc...I'm sure they have some RNG in it.

SDS

@matt_42187_psn said in Nothing competitive about competitive:

I agree.

Not if it was an inside pitch. If you have a high contact/power guy, you might get a few to drop in. That's with good PCI placement.

The pitch was up and outside of the zone as a matter of fact. I'm sorry, but there's no argument that could ever make sense on why this would be a hit on not a late swing, but a 'very late swing.'

SDS

I agree.

The pitch was up and outside of the zone as a matter of fact. I'm sorry, but there's no argument that could ever make sense on why this would be a hit on not a late swing, but a 'very late swing.'

If Trout can hit a homer 8 inches off the plate or Trumbo hitting a ball shoulder high, I can see anything happening these days.

SDS

Don’t know about y’all but the “competitive” setting I have to be almost perfect to get any type of hit. lol early or lil late are outs automatically. Not much fun. Might switch it

SDS

I agree.

If Trout can hit a homer 8 inches off the plate or Trumbo hitting a ball shoulder high, I can see anything happening these days.

I don't think you're taking into consideration about the "very late swing" part. I don't doubt Trout or Trumbo, but on a very late swing he hit a homer?