Need Help from You

SDS

I cannot hit lefty on lefty for the life of me. Fastballs feel so difficult to catch in time that even when I cheat on them, I’m still late.

It’s my first year playing and I now feel relatively comfortable hitting lefty-righty, right-lefty, and righty-righty. I’m hoping that eventually (by next season?) I can start to figure out this lefty-lefty thing, but this curve is so steep for me that it feels like an automatic out when it happens.

Are there any pointers out there for me?

SDS

sit fast middle/in during games, work off of that, custom practice left/left helps. Disclaimer, you will finally square it up and it will be a lineout. So just get emotionally ready for that.

SDS

Just pratice and repetition my good man. Beat advice, go into batting practice mode, choose a lefty hitter to face off against a Chapman/Wagner/Crochet type and practice. Move the pitch speed slider up as you become more comfortable

SDS

@Jeviduty said in Need Help from You:

ing games, work off of that, custom practice left/left helps. Disclaimer, you will finally square it up and it will be a lineout. So just get emotionally ready for that.

@Hikes83 said in Need Help from You:

Just pratice and repetition my good man. Beat advice, go into batting practice mode, choose a lefty hitter to face off against a Chapman/Wagner/Crochet type and practice. Move the pitch speed slider up as you become more comfortable

I might have to use these, as I have the same problem. 🙂