Out of Position penalty

SDS

Inspired by the TA drop. Is there a formula for calculating out of position fielding stats? I currently have Prestige Sandberg at SS, who has a respectable 76 fielding afterwards. I would love to know what the new TA Schmidt looks like at SS, but can't work it out. Is it on a case by case basis?

SDS

I would like to know this for secondaries. Is it -5 to fielding in a secondary or -4?

SDS

I believe it is a 6% reduction

SDS

an 84 fielder turns to 79, and a 70 turns to 66

SDS

@ayman718 said in Out of Position penalty:

an 84 fielder turns to 79, and a 70 turns to 66

So Scmidt's 95 would turn to 89 out of position? Or is that for a secondary?

SDS

oh wait i am talking abut secondary not out of position sorry

SDS

I believe the hit isn't as big if you put a 2B to SS, OOP.. but 3B will take a bigger hit

SDS

Does the out of position penalty impact just the defensive attributes or also the offensive attributes?

SDS

Oop is rough I know that. I've loaded up on ofs in showdown and try placing them at 1st and they have a fielding rating of 7.

Side rant I'd taken walker in the 5th inning showdown each time and decided to try Ortiz with this try (since I was always picking Floyd in the 2nd and ended up with too many outfielders) and when I did that Stargell was an option in the 2nd who I couldn't pass on.

SDS

@shuker23 said in Out of Position penalty:

Inspired by the TA drop. Is there a formula for calculating out of position fielding stats? I currently have Prestige Sandberg at SS, who has a respectable 76 fielding afterwards. I would love to know what the new TA Schmidt looks like at SS, but can't work it out. Is it on a case by case basis?

It depends on positions. A middle infielder doesn't get a big penalty for moving to another middle infielder spot but a corner infielder will get a much higher penalty.

SDS

I don’t think it’s a universal penalty applied equally. Putting a 3B at SS won’t be as bad as putting a 1B at SS, for example. But I don’t know that SDS has ever shared a formula with us.

SDS

I've seen it penalized at different rates and certain positions can move to others with less penalty even with no secondary ie I've seen a bronze fielding chipper at 2nd

SDS

Hanley plays better for me at 2nd base out of position then any of his other spots lol.

SDS

He will be common at SS I believe