What about the idea of trading cards?

SDS

What about the idea of trading cards? It could be a nice twist on things.

SDS

It would get abused, so no

SDS

While it would be cool because its baseball cards, too many ways it could get abused imo. But maybe I'm just not thinking hard enough on how it could be prevented

SDS

@the_dragon1912 said in What about the idea of trading cards?:

It would get abused, so no

Guess u guys are right. I thinking of ways for some to acquire cards they may want that others don’t want avoiding the ridiculous nature of the market right now.

SDS

There's very little reason I can think of for having a farm team, mainly because you can't trade and the buyers/sellers market doesn't allow you to pay more than the lowest price. This also pretty much eliminates any 3rd party selling of stubs or cards. I think they will keep their money machine rolling along 😃

SDS

The only way to really prevent abuse would be implementing some sort of system which blocks blatantly unfair trades, but good luck getting the community to have any sort of agreement on exactly what fair or unfair means.

On the other hand, the dozens of posts from people whining because they made a foolish trade and it's somehow the developers fault would be pretty entertaining so the idea does have that going for it.

SDS

@whitejw98 said in What about the idea of trading cards?:

On the other hand, the dozens of posts from people whining because they made a foolish trade and it's somehow the developers fault would be pretty entertaining so the idea does have that going for it.

Yep. Already have my compliant ready for when I trade Legend Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps!

SDS

Absolutely against trading cards personally.