square or x what works best?

SDS

I've tried both and have had varying degrees of success. It's my first year so I use directional.

SDS

X works the best by far. Also I would switch to zone hitting asap, especially since you're new. Might as well learn it the right way.
Directional hitting is a short term solution and a long term problem. Learning zone hitting is a short term problem but a long term solution.

SDS

Zone...that’s what works best. Being your first year, don’t get used to directional, it will only make this game harder than it already is. Learn to hit using zone and you can thank me later

SDS

Thanks! I've been able to win at HOF against computer, have Live Series done...I'm 20-21 online and finished 2nd, 3rd inning showdowns and Stage 2 AL showdown...but I have read that zone is way better.

SDS

Agree with above, I started playing years ago, RTTS was the only mode I played, when I started playing DD and online I discovered zone, I didn't really know much about it or it's mechanics when just playing RTTS and using default settings. Make the switch now

SDS

@raesONE said in square or x what works best?:

X works the best by far. Also I would switch to zone hitting asap, especially since you're new. Might as well learn it the right way.
Directional hitting is a short term solution and a long term problem. Learning zone hitting is a short term problem but a long term solution.

I have been messing around with zone hitting and I seem to hit more singles and doubles with zone but can't hit homeruns for the life of me. With directional I can hit homeruns with ease but have a harder time with singles

SDS

@DrewshBag420 said in square or x what works best?:

I have been messing around with zone hitting and I seem to hit more singles and doubles with zone but can't hit homeruns for the life of me. With directional I can hit homeruns with ease but have a harder time with singles

Trust me, zone hitting is 100% the way to go.

SDS

I screwed up my thumb a few years ago so I dont have the best dexterity with it, because of that I have issues with placing the PCI...plus after playing for a little bit it hurts so I switch to Directional to give it some rest so to speak.

SDS

@thelowrie5 said in square or x what works best?:

I've tried both and have had varying degrees of success. It's my first year so I use directional.

I only use square when i know im squaring up pitches continuously and seeing the ball good. Probably what everyone should do.

SDS

@thelowrie5 said in square or x what works best?:

Directional is like using an automatic trans in gran turismo, the manual transmission (zone hitting) will always beat an automatic in the right hands.

SDS

I screwed up my thumb a few years ago so I dont have the best dexterity with it, because of that I have issues with placing the PCI...plus after playing for a little bit it hurts so I switch to Directional to give it some rest so to speak.

Use what makes the game fun for you. No need to make it painful.