Dolittle or Aroldis

SDS

How is the Dolittle card from A’s collection. I seem to b terrible with Chapman(pitcher) and i have all the A’s just have not locked in Chapman.

SDS

Doolittle over Chapman all day. He's been great for me, hasn't left my bullpen since I picked him up.

SDS

They are just about polar opposites. Chapman throws hard and nasty but is wild af. Doolittle doesn't have the most flashy or impressive stuff but he has such great command that he's worth a bullpen spot. I use meter pitching and his motion works really well for me as far as consistent timing too, further boosting his command.

SDS

Do u guys use hader as a lefty

SDS

@bmoo44 said in Dolittle or Aroldis:

Is their a hader as a righty?

SDS

Lots of pitchers have the exact same pitches that Doolittle does. You have Hader, garret. Chapman is the best left hand power pitcher in the game

SDS

@Speedy44 said in Dolittle or Aroldis:

Lots of pitchers have the exact same pitches that Doolittle does. You have Hader, garret. Chapman is the best left hand power pitcher in the game

Doolittle does not have the same stuff as Hader or Garrett, Doolittle has a changeup instead of a 2SFB. And Doolittle is hardly a power pitcher he throws 93-97 and actually has decent command while the other three mentioned are wild and actually power pitchers.

SDS

@doomtrain69 said in Dolittle or Aroldis:

@Speedy44 said in Dolittle or Aroldis:

Doolittle does not have the same stuff as Hader or Garrett, Doolittle has a changeup instead of a 2SFB. And Doolittle is hardly a power pitcher he throws 93-97 and actually has decent command while the other three mentioned are wild and actually power pitchers.

It’s all about who you prefer I guess. I’ve used all of the left handed options and I would rank them in order of Wagner, Chapman, Doolittle, Hader. Nothing wrong with Doolittle but he feels a lot like Hader, garret and Plesac. Chapman and dibble are by far the best I’ve used

SDS

How is the Dolittle card from A’s collection. I seem to b terrible with Chapman(pitcher) and i have all the A’s just have not locked in Chapman.

How is this even a question? Doolittle is solid in my opinion but he just doesn't compare to Aroldis Chapman. Some downsides of Chapman are that he can be a bit wild at times and people sit on his fastball and smash it if you throw it too much (gotta mix in sliders and sinkers, maybe a two seamer every now and then). Also I'm beginning to enjoy using Britton, though his delivery isn't as deceptive as it was last year and his sinker doesn't move as much as it previously did.

SDS

@baseballfan2446 said in Dolittle or Aroldis:

How is this even a question? Doolittle is solid in my opinion but he just doesn't compare to Aroldis Chapman. Some downsides of Chapman are that he can be a bit wild at times and people sit on his fastball and smash it if you throw it too much (gotta mix in sliders and sinkers, maybe a two seamer every now and then). Also I'm beginning to enjoy using Britton, though his delivery isn't as deceptive as it was last year and his sinker doesn't move as much as it previously did.

Felt like it was a simple question for feedback on a player

SDS

I've used both a lot, but I'd go with chapman. With higher ranked guys, you can't blow 95 past them, 102 and a slider is doable. If' your not good with control, go with Dolittle.

SDS

@baseballfan2446 said in Dolittle or Aroldis:

Felt like it was a simple question for feedback on a player

They're pretty different, but if you're wondering which one to use, Chapman probably. Thing is, he's more of a one inning guy. If you keep spamming fastballs, a good player should eventually figure it out and get extra base hits. I think Doolittle is effective, but his mid 90s velocity alone won't necessarily blow people away. He's got deception in his delivery, and mixing pitches between the fastball, slider, and changeup helps. Most people like to throw the fastball high and in and offspeed low and away, so varying those locations could also be beneficial.

SDS

@jrbufford1 said in Dolittle or Aroldis:

Yes, you have to hit up, up, down, down, x, x, L2, R2, L3, left, up, up, circle. It activates the "polar opposite" cheat. LH Trout is my favorite, but they're all worth doing.

SDS

@lucas8181 said in Dolittle or Aroldis:

@jrbufford1 said in Dolittle or Aroldis:

Yes, you have to hit up, up, down, down, x, x, L2, R2, L3, left, up, up, circle. It activates the "polar opposite" cheat. LH Trout is my favorite, but they're all worth doing.

Trouts vision is to low, his pci on HOF in like the size of a pea vs kluber and Hal - I cant even start him

SDS

I’ve used both quite a bit and I have to say they’re pretty even. Personally I hit Doolittle better than Chapman. Chapman is def more wild but he throws gas