I sent the below proposal to SDS over the weekend while also reporting 2 online cheaters. I received promising responses from both Chuck and Kasey this afternoon. So it looks like maybe SDS is starting to take the online problems seriously? Time will tell...
@Nats19Champions said in Online play has become a disaster:
Here's how online play could be mostly fixed:
- Stop assigning wins and losses in the event of a server freeze.
- Fix lagging that is resulting in bad umpire calls and game-changing plays.
- Allow players a limited number of chances to leave an online game before a pitch is thrown to prevent mismatches.
- Do not allow starting pitchers to be used as relievers or, at the very least, severely limit their stamina.
- Disable the "hold R2" feature after the first inning a given pitcher is in the game.
- Make bunt defense better to prevent online abuse of bunting.
- Limit the number of pauses during a game, not just pause time.
- Do not allow friendly quit requests in the last 10 seconds of a player's pause time.
- Investigate reports of cheating and ban/strip wins from those who are caught doing so.
- Players who received losses as a result of proven cheating should also have those losses removed from their record.