This may sound stupid

SDS

But can I get away with playing Jimmy Rollins at second? I wanna take Larkin to get some well needed balance to my lineup, but I love J Roll both ingame and IRL, so idk

SDS

Unfortunately, no. If they don't have that position as a secondary, which in this case Rollins doesn't have a secondary, their fielding gets set abysmally low and they'll botch almost everything. If you're set on Larkin, then take him and sell Rollins. Otherwise, I'd recommend taking Sandburg or Posey.

SDS

@Xx_Smalls_xX21 said in This may sound stupid:

Unfortunately, no. If they don't have that position as a secondary, which in this case Rollins doesn't have a secondary, their fielding gets set abysmally low and they'll botch almost everything. If you're set on Larkin, then take him and sell Rollins. Otherwise, I'd recommend taking Sandburg or Posey.

I don't think that's accurate. Even though second base is not his secondary position, the game gives a lesser penalty because both SS and 2B are considered middle infield. So yes, there will not be a 5% penalty as you would normally see with secondary positions, but it won't be abysmal either.

You can actually check this yourself easily by going over to your line up screen, remove Rollie from your team and then while selecting a second baseman scroll over to out of position and highlight Rollie. His adjusted attributes including the penalty should be highlighted in orange/red.

SDS

@Xx_Smalls_xX21 said in This may sound stupid:

Tell that to joey gallo lol

SDS

I wanted to do the same, but accidentally locked in Rollins in a [censored] set and didn't even notice till I tried to sell him